Executive Assistant at NEXT Trucking
About NEXT Trucking:
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
We are looking for a motivated Executive Assistant to support the CEO. You will play a very important role in the success of NEXT Trucking. You have superior organizational skills, lean towards pro-activity, have an attention to detail, and the uncanny ability to juggle multiple high priority requests while interfacing professionally with people inside and outside the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Strategically support the Executive Team, upholding the strictest level of confidentiality.
- Find new and efficient ways to create and maintain systems and processes to help maximize your executive’s time, including weekly reporting, goal setting, and team meeting.
- Day-to-day management of calendars and prioritization of conflicting needs.
- Book and manage travel arrangements and reservations for members of the teams
- Plan and prepare information for meetings, presentations, interviews, etc.
- Develop a deep understanding of the team and field requests and inquiries from employees, making a point to be available and approachable to everyone.
- Manage calendars, schedule Board meetings and all internal and external meetings for the executive team, interviews, travel for the executive team and travel for candidates (this includes air, hotel, ground transportation).
- Be a dependable partner with the ability to anticipate the executive’s needs to help meet their goals and achieve company priorities.
- Prepare monthly expense reports. Be the liaison for each of your executives’ teams by understanding their priorities and roles within the company. Assist with ad-hoc projects as requested.
- Help partner with the talent team in making sure all candidates have a positive experience.
- Inform the executive team of upcoming responsibilities, ensuring changes to schedules are thoroughly communicated.
What You’ll Need:
- Passion for excellence and working in a team environment with a strong company culture
- 2-3 years of experience as an Executive Assistant supporting VP or C-Suite management
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Proactive, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working autonomously, juggling multiple tasks under tight deadlines, switching gears at the drop of a hat, being scrappy, and resourceful, and having a “no task too small” mentality
- Capability to anticipate others’ needs and act with patience, professionalism, and firmness
- Prioritize and execute multiple activities and assignments
- Startup background or experience working in a hyper-growth environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
What You’ll Receive:
- Competitive Base Salary + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry