ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is a full-time position within a small, dynamic, extremely fast-paced and senior team as they establish the LA office of a successful global business. The role will act as Executive Assistant to the LA based CEO and US Head of Programming (HoP), and the UK based Global Director of Programming (GDoP) when they are working in the US. It will also serve as Operations Manager for the LA office.
As Executive Assistant the role will provide support in a timely, proactive, and professional manner, providing high-quality administrative and clerical assistance, including managing all the CEO's correspondence, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements and organizing daily calendars.
As Operations Manager, you will manage day to day operations of the US office. Working to the CEO, you will be responsible for the efficient and smooth running of the office environment including acting as point of contact for suppliers and external contacts.
This is a full-time role. Office hours are 9am to 5:30pm with an hour lunch break. Due to the global nature of Motions' business, some out of hours work is expected.
- Management of CEO's inbox
- Diary management and providing daily updates and action points
- Booking meeting rooms, catering, restaurants
- Extensive travel booking; flights, accommodation, visas and the creation of detailed travel itineraries
- Phone call screening, coordinating conference calls and meetings across different time zones
- Managing expenses
- Liaise with UK office on coordination of diaries and schedules as needed
- Assisting with reports, presentations, and other research for meetings
- Liaising with IT on all technology issues
- Building and maintaining new and ongoing internal and external relationships
- Organising company events which are led by Motion's CEO, such as conferences or away days, including organisation of venues, accommodation, agenda, and conference materials
- Support to assist the development and sales of Motion shows in the US.
- Pro-actively ensure a safe, secure, welcoming, and effective workplace
- Manage stock levels and order office supplies in a timely manner by raising POs and maintaining a PO spreadsheet
- Act as main point of contact for suppliers, including building security
- Prepare and maintain meeting rooms and manage catering
- Ensure AV equipment is working effectively
- Maintain annual fire and health & safety records and organise testing of health and safety equipment
- Book couriers and taxis, and coordinate the post and deliveries in / out of the office
- Work with the CEO to monitor and manage costs effectively across operations and to report annually against the budget
- Manage new joiner process, liaising with GroupM HR and IT on the induction process
- Liaising with GroupM finance to manage timely payment processes
- Ensure the office is run in line with WPP policies and local regulatory requirements
- Create and maintain a working operation manual for the US office
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with an acute and thorough attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workloads and multi-task, to work independently and proactively, and to be a good team player
- Excellent communication skills and a high level of diplomacy and discretion, as the job holder will be working with senior industry executives and will often be handling administrative aspects of a highly confidential nature
- A demonstrable interest in, and working knowledge of, the US television and digital content landscape, including an understanding of the major television and digital content companies and leading players
- Ability to work some irregular hours including occasional weekends on an ad hoc basis
YOUR SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Professional Profile: Min 5 years' experience within the Entertainment industry, as an EA at senior Director level or above
- Technology skills: Advanced MS Office skills – Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Language: English essential, other languages desirable but not needed
Motion Content Group is a global content investment and rights management company which meets the market demand for new economic models for premium content across the entertainment and media marketplace. This is achieved by investing and partnering with the world's leading talent, producers, and distributors to fund, develop, produce and distribute premium content to help drive and support editorially and commercially vibrant, premium content networks & platforms for the global benefit of our content partners and advertisers.
Headquartered in London and Los Angeles, the business currently operates in 26 countries worldwide with Motion's broad range of award-winning programming distributed globally.
Motion Content Group is part of GroupM, the world's leading full-service media investment management operation, a WPP company.
GroupM and all of its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.