Executive Assistant, Technical (Associate-level) at Apeel Sciences
About This Role
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet. Apeel is seeking an associate-level Executive Assistant to provide first-class administrative support to the Vice President of Technology, the Vice President of Product and the Technical Team. Successful candidates will have a team-first attitude, thirst for learning, passion for taking care of all work—big and small—with exceptional thoughtfulness and attention to detail and be able to ‘look ahead’ to anticipate opportunities and challenges.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of our technology, our business, and our objectives so as to be a strategic partner and contributor to our teams
- Provide critical ‘blocking and tackling’ administrative support to our executives and team members on the Technical Team to streamline the day-to-day operating environment of the team
- Strategically and thoughtfully manage the scheduling of meetings and events across multiple complex schedules
- Assist with travel scheduling (i.e., flight or rental car bookings) and ongoing travel support for executives and team members
- Prepare meeting agendas and take meeting notes to help maximize the effectiveness and productivity of meetings
- Facilitate seamless, timely, and relevant cross-functional communication of key business developments and strengthen interpersonal relationships across teams and Apeel sites in a manner that models our company values
- Take ownership of physical preparations in advance of, during, and after meetings (e.g., greeting external guests; preparing meeting rooms; setting up the necessary IT tools; ordering meals or snacks; etc.)
- Organize and coordinate events, as needed
- Manage communication between executives and team members and external partners (e.g., drafting, sending, and responding to email messages; placing and taking telephone calls; etc.) as a professional, reliable, and approachable representative of the organization and the team
- Maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive matters to which you will be exposed
- Create and disseminate content to employees, staff, board members, and other internal stakeholders so that everyone is informed, engaged, and on the same page (i.e. Newsletter and presentation decks)
- Provide help with business and personal errands
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1-3 years of experience in a start-up or high-growth environment preferred
- Proficiency with a variety of software tools, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Project Management Software (e.g., Asana); Cloud Content Management platforms (e.g., Box); CRM Systems (e.g., Salesforce); ERP Systems; Video Conferencing (e.g., Zoom); Automated Document Workflows (e.g., DocuSign); etc.
- Spanish language proficiency preferred
- Technical acumen preferred
- Experience in IT content creation preferred
- Ability to self-direct without heavy oversight and timely decision-making capability
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to adapt to your audience
- Exceptional organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail, making sure that no important matters slip through any cracks
- Ability to wear multiple hats, thrive, and create order in an unstructured environment
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.