Equipment Manager at MotorTrend Group
Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Equipment Manager (full-time, hourly, regular) will oversee all aspects of camera, grip and lighting equipment.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Managing all aspects of the studio camera, grip, and lighting gear
- Outfitting current roster of shows with available production gear
- Assessing equipment operations and understanding the level of function
- Adding new and existing production gear to inventory
- Preparation of gear, proper formatting, battery charging and insuring the shows have all their required needs before the start of production
- Checking out gear to productions and checking gear back into system upon return using inventory control software
- Billing productions for any damaged or missing gear, consulting with show producer over possible causes and solutions to problems
- Ordering replacement equipment for damaged and destroyed gear
- Making purchasing recommendations and ordering new gear annually according to the CapEx budget
- Working with vendors regarding repairs, warranty issues and general maintenance of production gear
- Developing best practices and documentation for all equipment related processes
- This position may include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- Relevant equipment experience, film/video production, a plus.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of professional digital cameras, video cameras, photography accessories such as tripods and Digital Media
- Strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Familiarity with inventory management software
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Lifting various production and grip gear.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Studio Suite – Asset tagging, Bar code labeling.
- Work is performed in an office environment and onset.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.