DOD Technician, Tier 2
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content, from capture to consumption. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and new digital solution-based technologies.
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs over 8,600 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide. Deluxe is a wholly owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com
We currently have an opening for a DOD Te4chnician, Tier 2. It will be located in Burbank, CA.
Tier 2 Technicians are leaders and exceed expectations on a regular basis, are fully engaged, bring innovation to their role, have strong relationships across the board, demonstrate outstanding judgment, leadership, and integrity. They are strategic thinkers who can execute and drive results with near perfect accuracy. They are employees who collaborative, treat others with respect and always maintain their composure.
Tier 2 Technicians will have the following:
- Advanced knowledge of techniques and workflows concepts
- They are able to successfully complete tasks in this competency as requested. Help from an expert may be required from time to time, but you can usually perform the work independently
- Focus should be on applying and enhancing current knowledge and skill sets in advanced workflows
- Able to understand and can discuss the application and implications of changes to processes, policies and procedures
- Solid high-level understanding of workflows and systems (involving video, subtitle/caption, metadata, and art), and what they do
- Ability to triage/troubleshoot/resolve issues that aren’t necessarily a pre-defined SOP
- Ability to propose holistic solutions to systemic issues
- Some ability to glean information from logs, source code, etc
- Ability to identify patterns in data, use A/B testing methodology to glean information
Tier 2 Technicians Growth:
- In order to advance to a Tier 3 role, they must consistently exceed expectations at the highest level.
- They must be able to do ‘deep troubleshooting,’ by navigating through unfamiliar logs or source code, doing additional research on specifications / tools / etc.
- They must be able to do large ad-hoc fixes or projects independently.
- They should be comfortable in some scripting language(s) and/or data analysis tools (e.g. Excel, SQL)
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience, knowledge, and skill-set:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a post-production environment
- Mac and PC knowledge is required
- In-depth knowledge of video theory
- In-depth knowledge of file codecs, wrappers, frame rates, and conversions
- Follow instructions and handle multiple projects in busy production environment
- Must possess a high level of written, verbal, negotiation, and analytical skills
- Must be a self-motivator with the ability to make decisions independently
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and contribute to the team environment
- Must have demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize and be extremely detail-oriented
- Must be computer literate (MS Word, Excel, Outlook), internet, and server savvy
- Willingness to work overtime and adjust working hours/shifts or work days to accommodate client needs including nights and weekends when needed
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.