Dispatch Manager - Drayage at NEXT Trucking
About NEXT Trucking:
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
As the Dispatch Manager - Drayage , you’ll lead a team of dispatchers helping ensure timely delivery containers and scaling the NEXT business. You’ll oversee a team that works with asset and owner-operator drivers to deliver the load and coordinate with the customer success representative. Maintaining accurate data, tracking, and tracing loads using a mobile application and GPS data, maximizing driver satisfaction and efficiency is a priority for you.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee the assignment of drivers to loads according to delivery plans in order to maximize efficiency, customer satisfaction, and driver opportunity
- Lead the dispatch team and help scale with the strong operational process
- Leverage your relationships to manage delivery exceptions to a speedy resolution
- Responsible for ensuring that drivers are using the mobile application for track & trace as well as upload of load-related documents
- Ensure accurate routing data of all assigned containers within the TMS
- Manage a team of asset and OO Drivers to ensure containers are moved when scheduled
- Work with Yard Management team on inbound/outbound scheduling for optimal yard efficiency
- Work with Customer Success Representatives to determine the itinerary for approved shipments
- Provide support for the preparation and clearance of import shipments
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve problems that delay the release or delivery of cargo
- Continuously improve operational processes to gain efficiencies and reduce issues
- Other duties as assigned
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma/equivalent, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience leading a team of 5 or more
- A minimum of 7 years hands-on Drayage Dispatch experience
- Understanding of applicable regulations including areas of safety and commercial driver HOS
- Demonstrated ability to perform with grace under pressure
- Multi-tasking skills in a fast-moving and changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Experience with industry-standard TMS systems as well as Microsoft productivity software, google suite a plus
- Passion for technology
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Hourly Rates
- Bonuses based on growth and achievements
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits available
- Join a rapidly growing tech company at a very early stage