Director, Towers & Small Cells
The opportunity for Wireless Infrastructure in a 5G world is enormous. And Boingo is one of the best-positioned players in the space. With our 19-year track record of providing wireless infrastructure in places like LAX, The World Trade Center in NY, and Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base, we have a strong track record of solving complicated connectivity challenges. Our growth has led to exciting new opportunities including the ability to expand our product portfolio to include outdoor solutions. As the Director in this newly formed team, you’ll lead all business facets of our growing business including revenue and cost goals. Most importantly, you will be responsible for promoting a culture of people-driven teams, high performance, collaboration, and innovation.
What the job entails:
- Business responsibility for one of Boingo’s newest businesses and an area core to our strategic growth initiatives.
- Responsible for tracking and executing all revenue-generating contracts and tighly managing costs associated with the new business unit
- Work within a newly-formed team responsible for designing, building and executing process and systems to achieve desired output
- As the business grows, identify, hire and develop next level leaders through mentoring, assigning accountabilities, setting objectives, establishing priorities and monitoring and evaluating results
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators while ensuring the team is meeting and exceeding expectations
- Drive innovation and automation to improve efficiency within existing operations processes
- Collaborate with Boingo Executive Team to accomplish short and long-term revenue and profitability goals
- Successfully manage and prioritize business needs using strategic planning techniques and prioritization of competing opportunities
Got what it takes?
- 5-7 years' experience working in the Cell Tower business specifically on contracts and/or a revenue generating capacity
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- Experience working cross functionally in a complicated organizational structure (Tower or Carrier experience a huge plus)
- Key relationships and knowledge about the wireless ecosystem with an emphasis on infrastructure
- Strong financial aptitude having overseen the financial and administrative activities
- Working knowledge of data analysis and operational performance metrics
- Experience directing and participating in post-client acquisition and growth activities to support overall business objectives
- Proficient in budgeting tools like Excel and Oracle, as well as PowerPoint, and other MS Office tools
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical aspects of wireless network technology, deployment, software development, product and project management
- Sound business judgment and ability to make data-driven decisions
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Diplomacy, tact and relationship building skills as well as ability to compromise
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the year domestically
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products. Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There’s a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother’s lounge. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning headquarters, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA five years in a row and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.