Who we are...
AvantStay delivers exceptional, unique stays for group travelers. The company has built a tech-enabled millennial hospitality brand to be the new standard for group experience. We are venture funded and growing rapidly in the explosive $100+ billion dollar STR industry.
What we are looking for…
AvantStay is looking for a Director of Real Estate for our Single Family Residential platform to take on the challenge of expanding our national footprint. We are a fast-growing company looking to fuel our growth by working directly with landlords and developers to identify top boutique, apartment style and free-standing residential homes. We are looking for an experienced, strategically-minded and driven Director of Real Estate to help our company scale its real estate platform in new and existing markets. This individual will structure and negotiate agreements and coordinate with stakeholders involved in the execution by establishing strong relationships with developers, brokers, lawyers and landlords. We are looking for someone who is passionate, and has vast knowledge of the real estate market.
What you’ll do…
- Create strong relationships with developers and owners including deal structuring, ongoing correspondence, and lease compliance
- Source, underwrite, structure, negotiate and close new real estate opportunities
- Work with stakeholder groups to ensure alignment, facilitate seamless handoffs, and reinforce clear and frequent communication amongst internal and external team members
- Become familiar with local public policy on existing short-term rental regulations as well as building code
- Work in close proximity with external policy advisors, key city stakeholders to help implement growth strategy
- Ability to maintain meaningful, lasting partnerships with large residential real estate developers
- Maintain community relationships that enhance AvanStay’s image and the benefits of partnering with the company
What you’ll bring…
- You have 6+ years of experience in residential real estate, retail, the hospitality industry, startups.
- Have a strong understanding of real estate development such as but not limited to: equity structures, financing considerations, construction, lease-up and exit
- MBA is a plus
- The ability to prioritize long-term value over short-term profit
- Someone who is self driven and takes initiative
- Someone who is analytical, has an entrepreneurial drive
- Build or maintain strong relationships with developers, stakeholders and debt providers
- Be able to implement strategic plan for property acquisition
- Be resourceful and solve problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Detail oriented and data savvy
Perks and Benefits...
- Salary: $100,000-$120,000 base + Commissions ($60-$120k OTE) + ESOP
- Benefits and Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Team bonding and off-site events
- Complimentary and discount stays at AvantStay properties
- Dog-friendly office
When you join AvantStay…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside an experienced and dynamic team, transforming the way people travel and vacation. Your place within the colossal travel and real estate industries will leave you with a wealth of opportunities to feel both challenged to innovate and rewarded for your efforts. Of course, we will offer you pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. AvantStay is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at AvantStay.
Equal Employment Opportunity...
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Read Full Job Description