Director, Process Innovation at Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
We are currently seeking a Director, Process Innovation to join our Process Innovation and Advanced Operations department with direct line responsibility for the Analyst, Process Innovation. This role will be responsible for leading business process design, analysis and implementation for a variety of new projects in North America and appropriate international territories as well as design and preparation of documentation, communications and reporting in support of implementation and embedding of new processes for Process Innovation across all record labels.
This position will also support the goals of the GR4O program which is a cross-functional program of work designed to support making the most out of every use of UMG's Intellectual Property, across every platform, in every territory around the world. The program aims to maximize our efficiency across our Rights, Repertoire, Revenue and Royalties capabilities to ensure our artists and partners are fully rewarded for their hard work and that no revenue is left on the table.
How you'll CREATE:
Business process design and implementation for a variety of new projects for the Process Innovation team in North America and international territories:
- Acting as global lead for relevant projects working with other team members to lead business case definition, scoping, discovery, design and implementation of new business processes within relevant labels and business units
- Create and/or contribute to documentation in support of new process design; project definition documents, process flows (as-in and to-be), executive and user-level communications, etc.
- Close participation in the design and implementation of associated technology tool sets to support process as designed
- Determine and establish KPI reporting that accurately measures the success of implementation and embedding of new processes
North America Process and Label lead for the GR4O program – leading discovery, design and implementation for processes and tool sets:
- Liaise with NA labels to support the ongoing design and development of GR4O applications (Studio Hub, Rights Hub, R2, GRS etc.), with responsibility for the processes supported by these applications.
- Work closely with N American key users and Label Process Operations, business product owners, business analysts and the IT development team.
- Be responsible for communicating and championing the wider aims of the program to stakeholders and users.
Consistently challenge and question the status-quo of how processes work and tool sets are designed to continually drive transformational change across the program in support of new or emerging commercial opportunities.
- Actively seek out new ideas and approaches with a view to enable new revenue opportunities; richer or more accurate capture of metadata or assets; wider discoverability of UMG's repertoire; etc.
- Propose deliverable solutions (processes or tools) in support of these new opportunities
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum 2-3 years of analytical skills or process re-design and implementation
- Excellent project experience & interpersonal skills to define and manage multi-level stakeholder expectations
- Experience working with a record label and knowledge of the recording and creative processes
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment
- Strong organization skills and an ability to complete deliverables on-time
- Creative problem-solving utilizing analytics and a data-driven approach
- Experience of working in a multi-geographic team and an ability to work flexible hours when necessary
- Experience in the media and entertainment industry
- Proficiency with MS office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Understand how a record label works – A&R, Production, Supply Chain, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Commercial, Archives
- Investigate and document 'As-Is' process to inform design and implementation of 'To-Be' business processes
- Monitor & prepare ongoing reports, analysis, and status updates regarding the Delivery process
- Train key business users on the business processes and toolsets
- Contribute to process and system design for relevant applications (Studio Hub, Rights Hub , R2, GRS etc.)
- Articulate the dependencies and relationships between business processes, roles and capabilities
- Generate ideas and solutions to sometimes complex business issues simply and effectively so that risk/benefit decisions can be made
- Provide input to change plans that mitigate risk and increase operational effectiveness of the rollouts
- Be available, when necessary to attend conference calls with international territories during the crossover hours
- Carry out analysis of usage and similar statistical data to provide meaningful KPI and other reporting
- Outstanding communication and inter-personal skills at all levels
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
What's in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.