Director, Planning at MediaCom
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Director, Strategic Planning is responsible for our strategic work for Allergan brands: comms plans, media strategies, media plans. You will be the primary contact for the Allergan brand leads and responsible for managing these client relationships. The Planning Director will work closely with the Managing Director to drive an agenda of best practices sharing, innovation, and strategic thinking, via a clearly defined operating model, framework of thinking, and toolkit. You, in partnership with the Allergan marketing teams will lead its deployment to the respective brand teams and optimize it regularly based on business dynamics. While a large portion of Allergan's investment is placed in offline media, you should have a strong background in digital media strategy.
- From a strategic standpoint, key responsibilities will be to guide teams in media strategy; support development of key strategic media partnerships and negotiations; drive key digital marketing and media agenda items including advancement of social, search, and programmatic; provide strategic marketplace, industry, and category intelligence regularly; build and maintain productive relationships with leaders at client and key media partners
- Partner with the Managing Director to implement new technologies and practices that will evolve the business including addressable and audience first approaches
- Ensure the key strategic elements of high-priority media plans deliver against business results and ensure client satisfaction
- Foster a culture of agility, speed, and innovation
- Leverage inputs from various disciplines to provide insight-driven recommendations and POVs
- Inspire and support the team through strong leadership, collaboration, and mentorship
- Data-driven marketing – this position is accountable for continuing the evolution of data-driven marketing with the client, leaning into Mindshare and GroupM capabilities. This means spearheading use of the Loop, incorporating Planning for Agility into regular planning cycle, and continuing sophistication in data and analytics services
- Established client relationship – Allergan has been part of the GroupM network for 17+ years creating a solid foundation but also provides a tremendous opportunity to drive new thinking and innovative approaches to the business
- Ability to work with wide variety of Mindshare specialty teams – Within Mindshare, we have an exemplary group of specialty teams including mobile, creative/production, ideation, comms planning, etc. With the wide variety of accounts and business needs on Allergan, there is broad opportunity to seek input from the brilliance of the specialty services we have within the agency
HOW DO WE SET OURSELVES APART FROM THE COMPETITION?
- On this team, the leadership is fiercely committed to investing time and effort in talent growth and retention. The Allergan team at Mindshare offers great opportunity to work across a variety of brands within the portfolio itself & also brings opportunity to participate in cross-training work sessions
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 10+ years
- Working with and influencing senior client stakeholders
- Team leader who can navigate across strategy, investment, data strategy and analytics disciplines
- Strategic thinker grounded in current consumer trends and evolving media landscape
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, authority in cross-agency & cross-cultural situations
- Detail oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully with teams, and work under pressure
At Mindshare, we believe in speed, teamwork and provocation. Mindshare USA empowers people to challenge the status quo, through what we call Provocation with Purpose. We'll encourage you to break the rules, knock things down, rebuild them better, and push the boundaries of what's possible. It takes a team of people who invest in other's success, and together we make Mindshare the place where we do the best work of our career. We're a team that is radically honest – we call this our Authenticity Quotient. We are curious and competitive – that's our Passion Quotient. We embrace teamwork and adaptability – that's our Emotional Quotient. We're proud to be unmistakably #TeamMindshare.
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the greater work we can create together.