Director of Marketplace Operations
Greater LA Area
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Facebook, Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Twilio, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
Are you NEXT?
As the Director of Marketplace Operations, you will be a critical player to drive our business forward. You will use your analytical skills, operational knowledge and charismatic personality to reshape the trucking industry. Joining us, gives you the opportunity to be a part of the amazing new technology that will change lives everyday!
What You'll Do
- Build, train and nurture an AMAZING marketplace operations team
- Align the marketplace operations with our product vision and strategies
- Drive the product usage and performance
- Develop SOP and KPI for the OTR and Drayage marketplace team along with product updates
- Hire, train and inspire operations managers and operations specialists
- Manage customer relationships and ensure "white-glove" service
- Develop programs to ensure the best driver experience
- Coordinate with the drayage and truckload brokerage/asset team to ensure exceptional shipper service
- Work with product and engineering team to build solutions that increase efficiency and best serve customers
- Work cross-functionally with Accounting, Finance, Product, Engineering, Marketing and People Team to drive company culture
- Support annual and quarterly strategic planning and facilitate department OKRs
What You'll Need to Have
- 10+ years of experience in operations management or management consulting preferably in logistics
- Extensive experience building and scaling operations organizations
- Experience developing and deploying organizational strategies and OKRs
- Desire to work in fast-paced and challenging environment
- Strong ownership and willingness to roll-up sleeves
- Highly analytical and data driven; Six-sigma or lean production certification preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized, and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master's degree a plus
- Passionate about disrupting an $800B industry
What You'll Receive
- Competitive base salary + bonus + equity
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and Holidays
- Casual work environment
- Dog friendly office
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description