The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
Who we are looking for:
The Trade Desk is seeking a Global Facilities Operations Leader to direct and lead a team of facilities associates in the delivery of and is responsible for day-to-day facility operations, security, services, and maintenance activities globally while supporting the culture of the company. The position ensures assets are operated and maintained in a cost effective non-impacted manner while providing a safe, clean, and comfortable work environment. The Global Facilities Services Lead develops budgets, controls costs, coordinates service provider(s) and facility staff activities. Leveraging organization skills, problem solving, and creative thinking to resolve escalated issues, drive continuous process improvement and team development in a dynamic, fast paced environment. The position provides regular performance feedback, development and coaching to direct reports and will also manage third party providers. Extensive interaction with internal and external customers is required to ensure seamless delivery of these services with the highest level of customer service available.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and oversee the day to day running of our global facility operations including facility management, maintenance services, security, health & safety & project management of smaller scale (Day 2) facility projects.
- Plan, submit, review, and manage the significant global facility expense and capital budget for the company.
- Partner with our Real Estate and Workplace Leaders to understand regional business strategies and translate them to facility operational requirements, providing quality facility services
- Provide support and input as required into the RE acquisition process as it relates to technical and facilities due diligence.
- Proactively identify and recommend initiatives that focus on service and amenity improvements for all associates, quality improvements, risk mitigation, industry trends and other relevant factors that affect workplace effectiveness (Building Management Systems (BMS), lighting, HVAC, furniture, etc.).
- Oversee the efficient delivery of facility services, considering the following as performance measures: quality, cost, timeliness, and space utilization.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders & leaders to ensure alignment and smooth execution of facility projects on time and within budget
- Develop & implement standardized/best practice facility management processes to create long term efficiencies.
- Ensure a managed approach to receive & resolve workplace maintenance & service requests and feedback, including the development of planned maintenance programs.
- Travel to global facility locations and teams (approximately 35% of the time), raising the profile of Facility Operations to employees and senior management
- A positive energized team player with a proven commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
- In partnership with the Global Head of Real Estate and Workplace Services, develop, implement, and manage a global business continuity plan.
Who you are:
- 15+ years of corporate facility management experience with 10+ years of experience in leadership roles.
- Minimum of 10+ years of direct staff management experience in a fast-paced, technology focused office environment.
- Experience of working globally and across cultures required
- Facilities certification (CFM, IFMA credentials, PMP certification) a plus.
- Great interpersonal communication skills, an enthusiastic and dynamic team player, with a positive and “Can Do” attitude to get the job done
- Extensive management experience in the following: running global facilities, staff development, outsourcing and contractor management, building maintenance
- Extensive knowledge of financial management practices and budget planning procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership experience including managing local and non-local teams, leading change management, and managing crisis situations (i.e. Business Continuity)
- Demonstrated success building global teams and managing across multiple locations and diverse cultures.
- Proven ability to effectively present information and responds to questions and sensitive issues from senior management, managers, customers, suppliers, and contractors.
- Demonstrated skill delivering strategic approaches, with agile execution while supporting growth.
- Demonstrated skill at delivering to performance objectives, for scope, schedule, and cost.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both in verbal and written form, especially in remote management situations.
- Ability to listen to others to understand their perspectives, to define and communicate objectives and programs effectively, and persuade vendors and contractors to perform to meet commitments.
- Willingness to take necessary actions to deliver on commitments and driven to deliver results.
- Persuasive, credible, and timely communicator who earns the trust of colleagues and senior management.
- Excellent collaborator: capable of working with others to find solutions to complex problems.
- Exceptional negotiator: experienced in a variety of services & contract types.
- Effective vendor management: focused on the delivery of excellent customer service.
- BA/BS degree or relative experience
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.