Director of Commercial Strategy, Climate
The vision for Inspire’s Climate Product Line is a world in which every home is an energy efficient smart home. We’re on a mission to make it insanely easy for consumers to adopt clean energy, smart devices and a world class energy management service - all professionally installed with on bill financing.
As Director of Commercial Strategy for our Climate Product Line, you will act as the principal strategist for the product line - synthesizing macro, external information such as industry trends, the competitive set, and regulatory landscape with a deep understanding of product performance to enable our business model and ensure the product line is able to deliver on Commercial performance objectives - namely accelerating growth, expanding lifetime value and optimizing investment efficiency.
Because we seek to deploy data driven strategies in everything we do, success in this role will require developing a deep working knowledge of product line performance data at the cohort level across various levers and the demonstrated ability to develop and execute iterative, learnings based strategies to optimize those levers.
If you’re a strategist with a bias towards action, a passion for data driven decision making, and the leadership presence to lead cross-functional teams, Inspire is where you can be a driving force of world-class teams that crush our goals, live our values and accelerate our mission.
THE DIRECTOR, COMMERCIAL STRATEGY (CLIMATE) HAS FOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountability for Product Line Commercial Metrics: Live and breath the core commercial metrics of the Product Line, specifically Growth, LTV, Originated Gross Margin, and Investment Efficiency (LTV/CPA), and work cross functionally to deploy strategies to improve these metrics
- Strategy Development and Execution: Coalesce intelligence related to market dynamics, competitive landscape, market structure and regulatory environment into a strategic knowledge base to enable our business model, commercialize the Product Line and inform the Product Roadmap
- Cross-Functional Project Management: Initiate, plan, and execute strategic projects through leading cross-functional teams to tackle discrete initiatives or deploy newly developed capabilities which enable our business model or impact performance of the Product Line
- Executive Communication: The Directors of Product and Commercial Strategy represent the executive team of the Product Line and will be expected to develop and maintain a shared communication framework to effectively communicate the direction of the product line both upward to the executive team and outward to the broader organization
SOME EXPECTED 2019 DELIVERABLES
- Develop comprehensive market evaluation framework informed by core economics and business case for value added services portfolio (rebates, demand response programs) to establish a geographic expansion roadmap for the Climate Product Line
- Establish instrumentation for the Climate Product Line to enable management against core metrics
- Lead cross-functional teams to execute strategic/operational initiatives relevant to the success of the Product Line from targeting to driving improvement in efficiency of our Installation network and everything in between
- Partner with Regulatory Strategy to review and enhance engagement approach to assess advocacy opportunities
- Positive and Collaborative
- Disruptor mindset
- Strong execution bias
The ideal candidate for this role has cut their teeth in management consulting or similar discipline and then transitioned to an operating role focused on strategy and performance, ideally in the energy or smart home sector.
- Must Have
- Management Consulting or similar discipline
- Operating Role in Corporate Strategy or similar
- XaaS business model experience
- Nice to Have
- Prior entrepreneurial experience
- Energy/Connected Home experience
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
CULTURE & PERKS
- Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant. Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
- Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
- Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!