Director of Bioinformatics
Quantgene is launching a product poised to change the course of medicine: a multi-cancer screening test capable of detecting the ten deadliest cancers in the blood at the earliest possible stage. Our clinical network includes some of the largest clinical institutions in the US and Europe. Global leaders in science, oncology, and biotech have validated our research and methodologies. Quantgene's wet lab division is led by one of the most accomplished teams in genomic diagnostics.
We are small, agile and highly effective. We are a team of 30, and growing fast.
- Lead 3 small teams of data scientists: genomic data analysts, conventional machine learning and deep learning (convolutional neural nets).
- Define and set up biological data research frameworks around the teams to ensure systematic progress is being made.
- Define clear measurements and identify key levers in increasing prognostic precision .
- Communicate goals and approaches clearly to teams and executives.
- Understand complex, deep, multideminsional genomics datasets and problems
- Strong experience in setting up, managing and optimizing data science experiments in systematic and repeatable ways
- Track record in solving hard, complex data problems using multiple methods and teams
- Experience in deep learning, conventional machine learning and data analytics
- Background in machine learning, data science, statistical research or similar
- Excellent communication, conceptual, critical thinking, analytical, problem-solving abilities and organizational skills
Location, Perks, Compensation, and Timeline
Compensation is competitive, including substantial stock options. We offer vacation, 401k matching, and medical/dental insurance. We are in the Arts & Tech district in Santa Monica, CA in a modern, bright, and spacious converted industrial barn with a full kitchen…all within walking distance to the Metro. Work-from-home and flex days are available.
Must live in the Los Angeles area and be willing to commute to our office. Relocation is possible for the right candidate.
Quantgene values entrepreneurial thinkers who love to devise new ideas and drive them to fruition. Your voice will be heard here, and welcome. Our office is a collaborative environment with smart people who are passionate about wellness, changing healthcare, and saving lives through early cancer detection. It’s fun, challenging, and ultimately meaningful work that makes a genuine difference.
Job Type: Full Time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Quantgene is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability