Country Manager, North America
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
As Country Manager based in Los Angeles, North America, you’ll lead and develop a team of professionals who'll craft and execute overall Product, Publishing, Esports, and Operations strategy to enable immersive player experience for players for in our North America region.
You'll share a campus with the Central office that serves the whole world, but as a Rioter for the North American region, we have a laser focus on levelling up the experience for players in Canada and the United States.
- In alignment with the local leadership team, we create the strategic vision in Publishing and Esports for Riot Games in North America
- Execute high impact initiatives, that may include building new ecosystem product development, Esports development, branding and advertising, community engagement, local content creation, press relations, etc.
- Support leadership members in professional and personal development. Be a motivating coach and mentor for direct reports; lead by example and promote a diverse and inclusive culture
- Ensure we are delivering significant results key performance indicators such as monthly active players, new player acquisition, retention, revenue and quality of the overall player experience
- Align the NA strategy with key partners in product development and our central partners
- Be the face and voice of Riot NA, representing us with player communities, the media, government and trade associations
- Take responsibility for Riot's P&L in the NA market. We manage complex business decisions around cost
- You can make teams work excellent together. Provide them with vision, passion and support. You grow and guide personal development within your team. You organically build relationships with all type of partners
- Strategic planning makes you an effective leader who can balance short-term solutions without losing sight of the long-term vision; you analyze changes, agilely re-examining and re-evaluating strategy options and decisions
- Challenging convention and solving problems with creative solutions that many don't see. Through motivation and empowerment, you inspire your team to deliver big results by cultivating a high performing yet creative environment
- Managed a P&L and are intimately familiar with leading both the top line as well as the bottom line; you've capably captained a team to achieve results that everyone is proud to have reached together
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).