Clinical Lead, Health Coach Management at Headspace
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- You bring a positive attitude and authenticity to your work, such that both participants and coaches look forward to engaging with you.
- You lead with self-awareness and compassion to empathize and connect with participants and coaches to build trust.
- Develop and deliver coaching curriculum to help patients identify their health goals and manage their chronic illness.
- Partner closely Content, Product, and Design teams to build and deliver personalized, digital lifestyle interventions made of bite-sized behavior change that will help patients achieve their health goals.
- You provide supportive accountability to coaches by scheduling regular training, ongoing development, and proactive management calls/meetings. You problem solve with coaches if things aren’t working.
- Work collaboratively with the Headspace Health team to improve the coaching service by providing feedback, recommendations and sharing coaching best practices.
- Work collaboratively with our business operations team to create Headspace Health coaching processes that are ready for scale.
- Work closely with the clinical research team to evaluate the impact of Headspace Health coaching on member health outcomes in a series of clinical trials.
What you’ve accomplished:
- Bachelor’s degree in a health and/or behavior-related field required such as psychology, social work, nutrition, exercise physiology, health education, nursing etc. (Advanced degree preferred)
- Current, active credential to practice in a health profession (e.g. licensed clinical social worker, registered dietician, licensed psychologist, etc.)
- Prior experience using software/technology to deliver health behavior change interventions.
- 3+ years of experience coaching clients/patients to help them meet their health goals, ideally including experience with digital service delivery.
- 2+ years of experience managing direct care delivery teams, such as coaches, counselors, or case managers, particularly in digital service delivery.
- Trained in evidence-based modalities such as Motivational Interviewing.
- Experience with mindfulness, particularly in the context of mindfulness-based behavior change interventions
- Ability to educate and facilitate behavior change around domains of wellness.
- Experience working with chronic condition management is a plus.
- An exceptional interpersonal communicator and manager; you are patient, attentive and kind.
- Passionate about working with coaches to improve outcomes by inspiring and providing guidance.
- Creative and resourceful with a broad skill set of tools for helping people to engage in their health.
- Compassionate, open-minded and non-judgemental - you know that it can be hard to change behavior.
- Proactive about identifying inefficiencies and being solutions-oriented to improve workflows for both immediate goals and long-term/scalable results.
- Independent, creative self-starter, flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment that encourages critical thinking and problem solving.