Chief of Staff
REX is using artificial intelligence and big data to disrupt the traditional real estate brokerage model, providing dramatically better outcomes and experiences for home buyers and sellers at a 2% cost instead of the traditional 5% to 6%. REX has substantially built the business in the cloud, with human involvement catalyzed by deep AI and emotional Intelligence. In addition, REX employs the data that it collects to rationalize the purchase of mortgages, home insurance, escrow and other services, serving to greatly ease and reduce the cost of the home sale and purchase process. The data REX collects also allows it to manage the home as consumers’ largest asset over their lifetimes.
The Company has experienced explosive growth in its initial markets of California, New York, New Jersey, Texas, Colorado and Florida. REX is profitable on both a unit economics basis as well as in the cities where it has been operating for over a year. It is launching in 14 cities this year as it expands nationwide. REX closed on its Series C financing of $50 million in December of 2018 to solidify its nationwide expansion into a targeted 70 markets across the United States by 2022.
About the Position:
REX is seeking a Chief of Staff to work alongside the co-founder, President & COO to amplify their impact and accelerate critical work. This person will work across the leadership team and the various functions to ensure short term goals are achieved while building the foundation for dramatic long term growth. This individual brings strategic thinking as well as expert project management skills and is a master relationship builder who thrives in a fast moving, team- oriented environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Recommend strategic priorities in light of company goals and optimize the leader’s use of time
- Facilitate the process of quarterly board meetings including preparation, meeting planning, follow-up and communications
- Draft critical communications including regular internal reports, pitch decks, speeches or other presentations
- Facilitate the process to optimize leadership and management council meetings to ensure objectives are met and follow up to hold people accountable
- Facilitate essential internal activities including strategic planning and events such as quarterly roundups across the company
- Lead critical cross-functional initiatives that don’t fit within the scope, skill sets, or capacity of other leaders including research, analysis of data, decision making, development and implementation of technology and processes
- Enable the leader to channel the company’s talents and energy optimally in pursuit of its goals
- Oversee work of assistants and office managers managing events and critical employee experiences as well as the experiences of investors, customers and VIP supporters when they visit
- Work hard, often behind the scenes, while deeply learning the job of running a rapidly growing, consumer-focused, data and tech company
What You Need:
- Intellect proven through academic honors and/or top quality institutions including an MBA from a top school
- 2-4 years at a top-tier consulting firm
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning skills
- Excellent project management capabilities; able to juggle multiple cross-functional projects at once without dropping balls
- Affinity for data and problem-solving
- Master at building relationships with all levels and types of people combined with proven influencing skills
- Drive to work hard, be exceptionally dependable and accountable, and achieve daunting goals
- Highest levels of professionalism, ethics and judgment
Compensation and Benefits:
REX offers an attractive salary and health benefits with an equity stake in this fast-growing tech company.
Annual Bonus + Stock Options + Paid Time Off
A Bit More...
As a pioneer in our industry, REX is setting new standards in the marketplace – for quality, innovation, integrity, professionalism, drive, consumer happiness, and social good. Our culture, together with our business vision and goals, serve as an orientation for leadership and a guide for how we conduct ourselves in day-to-day business. They also form the foundation for hiring, encouraging and rewarding great people. In addition, REX has been committed to doing good
things for real estate consumers and to providing homes for those in the greatest need, wherever they may be. For every 50 homes we sell, we provide a home for a family in need. We funded the construction of our first home at the end of 2015 and have since put roofs over the heads of a dozen homeless families in three countries and built a school for orphans in Cambodia.