Business Operations Senior Associate at Weedmaps
Business Operations Senior Associate
Weedmaps’ mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Through our industry-leading marketplace, we connect the cannabis market’s highest value and intent consumers with the best dispensaries and brands in the world and provide cannabis retailers with the suite of operational tools they need to efficiently run their businesses.
The BizOps team at Weedmaps serves as strategic partners and general athletes that create operational leverage for the business. Our responsibilities reflect some of the company’s and leadership’s highest value needs and initiatives. We work in partnership with the business in three key areas:
- Long-term strategic planning, including defining clear, actionable company strategy
- Operationalizing Strategy, including strategy-aligned metrics and targets setting and tracking and related guidance to business owners
- Driving and accelerating growth initiatives, by evaluating and launching new products, businesses, revenue streams, functions, and high-leverage operational capabilities
We are looking for a highly driven, team-oriented, and analytical Business Operations Sr. Associate to join our team. As a member of BizOps, you will play a central role in providing strategic, operational, and tactical support to leadership across Weedmaps.
The impact you'll make:
- Build cross-functional bridges and define and implement organizational and business strategies
- Contribute analysis to company and business strategy development and planning
- Translate company strategy and goals to actionable targets for businesses and their related operating units
- Partner with business owners to realize business targets, including tracking of performance and development of related data-driven recommendations
- Synthesize product, client, consumer, and market data and insights to develop forward points of view for the company and business units
- Develop and model business cases for new revenue streams or product opportunities
- Develop and incubate new opportunities
- Build and maintain relationships across functions and levels to enable resolution of critical company matters
- Help foster a sense of collaboration towards the company’s most significant goals
How you operate:
- Structured Thinker: Develop and leverage frameworks to structure thinking, facilitate decision-making among various stakeholders, and cut through analysis in an 80/20 way to insights
- Highly Productive: Highly productive with low to moderate oversight on a day-to-day basis. The right candidate has a high tolerance for ambiguity and engages in the challenge of solving problems in a growing company
- High-Energy, Positive Attitude: Must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Established Strong Analysis and Presentation Skills: Quick and high quality analysis and presentation creation using Powerpoint and advanced Excel. Google Suite a plus
- Relationship-Oriented: Engender trust and strong relationships up, down, and across the organization. Influence of stakeholders via diligence, listening, and responsiveness
- Audience-Aware: Observe leadership and stakeholder needs and adapt format and delivery of message for successful reception
- Multi-tasking Prioritization: Experience balancing numerous different priorities and demands
- High Standards for Achievement: Possesses a record of achievement and high standards in both personal and professional pursuits
- Undergraduate degree with strong academic performance
- Professional work experience for 3+ years
- 3+ years at a top tier consulting firm or investment bank OR 3+ years in a SaaS or consumer tech BizOps, Strategy & Operations, Corp Strategy, Strategic Finance, or Corp Dev group
- Experience with SQL and/or other data tools
- BS in Sciences, Engineering, or Math
- 100% employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits AND 80% dependent covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits: accident insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, life Insurance, critical illness insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- 11 company holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided while working in the office
- Monthly snack boxes sent straight to your doorstep as we work remotely
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Corporate events
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Berlin, Boston, Denver, New York, Phoenix and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!