Associate Production Systems Engineer
Burbank, California-based Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc., is a leading provider of a broad range of services and technologies for the global digital media and entertainment industry. Bringing together a comprehensive network of specialized companies with best-in-class artistry, cutting-edge technology, streamlined delivery and distribution solutions and customized management strategies, Deluxe approaches all of its businesses with an ingrained attention to quality, detail and creativity. From start to finish, in whatever format or language is required, Deluxe has the infrastructure and in-house capacity to provide complete solutions to a broad range of customers, including: major motion picture studios, television networks and cable companies, advertising agencies, brands, production companies, independent distributors, and content owners.
We currently have an opening for a Junior Engineer. This position will be located in Burbank, California.
The Junior Engineer role is responsible for the development, support, diagnosis and resolution of problems, write procedures, and assist and train operations personnel in all areas of post production engineering for Digital Cinema Quality Control systems. Quality Control systems include projectors, various 3D projection systems, sound processors and systems, Digital Cinema players, etc. Need to manage all 3rd party vendors so that all equipment is working for 24hr operations. Some knowledge of computer hardware, Windows and Linux operating systems, and networks is beneficial.
- Manage, install, configure, test and calibrate all projectors, audio, and players including IMBs in multiple existing and new rooms
- Manage inventory of projector lamps and other projector renewable items such as filters, etc.
- Setup new rooms to meet DTDC QC requirements
- Maintain all equipment used for QC – Projector, audio, CCAP devices, HI/VI equipment, DBox, 3D systems, etc.
- Maintain and configure video and audio routers
- Develop and train staff for detailed room setup/calibration procedures
- Manage the software versions of all players to ensure players are up to date
- Support operations in the design and implementation of operational workflows
- Represent DTDC for all issues related to color calibration
- Willingness to work an overnight weekend schedule.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects and tasks and prioritize work; works well under pressure.
- Ability to pick up new workflows quickly and adapt to ever changing technology.
- Experience and understanding of anti-piracy measures and the relationship with Security in a Production / Distribution environment.
- Quality Control experience is a plus
- Exceptional client facing skills
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.