Associate Director, Real Estate & Community Services
Greater LA Area
With over 10 million members and more than 800,000 listings, GOAT is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. We’re looking for a Director of Real Estate & Community Services who will be responsible for creating strategy to support our innovative employees around the world. At GOAT Group, we take pride in offering an inclusive environment that enables our employees to do their best work. This role will oversee the corporate real estate portfolio, including acquisitions, leasing and development of current and future locations, and the day-to-day operations for our domestic and global offices.
In this role you will:
- Partner with leadership to create, refine and execute a short and long term real estate strategy and master planning, location planning, and allocation and utilization of space and resources.
- Overseeing global real estate negotiations and development, including new leases, renewals, and acquisitions.
- Manage the day to day operations of GOAT Group’s corporate, retail, and warehouse operations real estate across 5 states in the U.S. and overseas
- Manage a sizable budget with an eye towards optimization and reinvestmentLead a bicoastal team overseeing employee workplace services and general facilities operations.
- Work closely with the people team and key stakeholders to enhance the employee experience through community events and overall support.
- Partner with our Project Manager to move our employee population into a new workspace, including the coordination of moving people, furnishings, fixtures, and equipment for the new and also existing space.
- Oversee the functioning and maintenance of building systems including mechanical, electrical, and fire/life safety, BMS, lighting controls, smart glass, etc.
- Partner with leadership in executing the build out and optimization of new and existing space for retail, corporate, and operations facilities.
- Manage relationships with external suppliers for maintenance, facility services, building materials and supplies.
- Lead the development and promotion of crisis and emergency response plans.
- Plan for future improvement projects in existing locations.
- Build an energizing and comfortable environment where our employees can do their best work.
- Design and implement a safety/emergency preparedness and disaster recovery program across all site locations.
We are looking for:
- 8+ years in a similar role, must include management of multiple corporate locations around the world.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Facilities Management, Construction Management a plus.
- Substantial global real estate transaction experience across acquisitions and leasing.
- Extensive experience leading and managing a complex global real estate portfolio, including strategy, master planning and entitlements, development, large-scale capital projects, and tenant improvements.
- Proven leadership experience is a must, including having managed teams globally.
- Ability to think innovatively to create the best experience for our employees.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Critical thinker with a strong business acumen, always thinking about the future.
- Expertise in operations management, including development of workplace standards and strategic planning of space.
- Passion for the impact that community has on employee morale and the culture.
- Technical knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, structural, safety systems, architectural, landscape and energy management.
- Deep experience in supplier selection, contract negotiations experience.
GOAT Group is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Its brands offer the greatest selection of sneakers available through company-operated retail stores, e-commerce sites and mobile apps under the GOAT and Flight Club brands. Through its innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of sneaker commerce and has quickly become the world’s most trusted source to discover, buy and sell authentic sneakers.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description