In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking an enthusiastic Applications Administrator for our Microsoft Office 365 environment that will help enable us collaborate effectively and efficiently across the enterprise. In this role you will:
- Use your computer skills to investigate, pilot, purchase, implement and document entire software suites that can integrate with both our on-premise servers and our cloud services like Microsoft Office 365.
- Perform the daily and weekly tasks that are required to maintain and grow an enterprise-wide collaboration environment.
- Develop scripts in Microsoft Powershell that will help automate tasks to minimize repetitive activities.
- Work with other business units to expand the capabilities of our collaborative capabilities and use technology to solve real business problems.
- Troubleshoot issues, perform analyses and provide efficient solutions to complex problems.
- Be expected to be able to clearly document your work and then work with departments like our Training department or Corporate Communications to spur adoption of collaboration technologies across the company.
- Work closely with related IT staff including server team, identity management, security, networking and others.
- This staff position is in the Enterprise Collaboration Services department so previous experience with Microsoft Products - Office 365, Sharepoint, Exchange and Skype are a plus.
- Typically 2-5 years of experience in managing Microsoft or equivalent collaboration technologies
- Experience in Administration of Microsoft 365 (or other similar cloud environment) or experience as an administrator of on-premises Exchange/Sharepoint/Skype servers
- Experience with installing and configuring software on Windows workstations and Windows servers.
- Willingness to work primarily in El Segundo with minor travel requirements.
- Experience with Powershell and/or other scripting languages.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline from an accredited institution.
- Experience with Macintosh or Linux Operating systems.
- Experience with training or marketing solutions in a corporate environment.
- Microsoft SQL Server Database experience.
- Experience with recent versions of the Microsoft collaboration products Exchange, Sharepoint, Skype
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.