Apparel Authentication Specialist (Luxury) at GOAT Group
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:10 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, March 3, 2020
GOAT Group is seeking a streetwear and/or luxury brand enthusiast looking to combine their passion with a full-time career for GOAT Authentication. The ideal candidate possesses a solid knowledge of not only apparel, but of the footwear consignment industry. As an Authentication Specialist, you must have the ability to verify authenticity of products across the major industry brands. In addition, an Authentication Specialist must keep up with industry trends, releases, and collaborations with the world's best brands, from streetwear to luxury brands. You will not only determine authenticity of products, but spot manufacturer defects, excess wear, and inspect SKU and size, ensuring that each buyer has the retail experience they've come to expect.
In this role you will:
- Assist with the product verification process
- Assist with the documentation of authentication guidelines
- Receive and sort inbound inventory according to brand, category, model, etc
- Continuously research and stay up-to-date with trends, new products and upcoming brands within the streetwear and luxury market
- Manage the product authentication process on your own
- Support the daily fulfillment process with quality control of incoming products
We are looking for:
- Passion for fashion, technology and helping others succeed
- Knowledge of apparel across multiple brands, from past collections to current
- Ability to recognize with current trends within the industry
- Highly organized with demonstrated attention to detail
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
- Must be able to lift and move boxes (up to 35 pounds)
- Must be available and willing to work extended hours as occasionally needed (during crunch times!) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, to meet business needs
GOAT is the global platform for style. Founded in 2015 to bring trust to the sneaker community, the technology platform has since expanded to offer apparel and accessories from the world’s leading contemporary, avant garde and luxury brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company is able to surface styles from the past, present and future, delivering authentic product to over 20M members across 164 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description