Office Manager/Culture Associate
Tala is looking for an exceptional Office Manager to ensure that every member of the team has a fulfilling, productive and positive experience every day at work. The Office Manager at Tala will take a highly visible role in supporting our Santa Monica team by cultivating a positive and productive workplace.
We are looking for a self- driven individual who finds satisfaction in a fast-paced organization! Our ideal candidate is able to balance several high-priority projects at a time, while continually improving by soliciting feedback and maintaining an infectiously positive attitude.
- Facilities Management: Manage all facilities vendor relationships including all property and parking management companies
- Workplace Management: Manage all office and workstation equipment including food, stationery, and hardware needs
- Event Management: Oversee and manage all weekly recurring and one-time office events.
- People Operations: Support the People team with team engagement efforts and staff travel arrangements.
Who we’re looking for:
- You have a proven track-record of driving initiatives with a strong sense of urgency
- You have an insatiable intellectual curiosity to identify and implement new ways to continually improve results
- You voluntarily solicit feedback, quick to admit mistakes, collaborative with others able to influence without position rights
- You believe in and work to uphold Tala’s highest level value, Radical Trust, both within the office walls and with our customers around the world.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
- At least two years of previous experience in office management.
This position requires the ability to regularly lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is a mission-driven mobile technology and data science company that’s opening up financial access for underserved people globally. Tala’s smartphone app uses alternative data to deliver instant credit and help customers build their financial identities. Unlike traditional credit scoring, Tala's proprietary underwriting models draw on thousands of mobile data points including network diversity, social connectedness, geographic patterns, and financial transactions to score customers in real time, without a need for formal credit history. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi and Manila.
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by IVP, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Additionally, Tala’s work has been highlighted by Forbes, the New York Times, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, TED, and Wired, among others. Tala is headquartered in Los Angeles with additional offices in Nairobi and Manila.