VP, Product Marketing at GumGum
GumGum is an artificial intelligence company with a focus on computer vision. Our mission is to solve hard problems across a variety of industries by teaching machines to see and understand the world.
Our advertising business is the industry leader in contextual relevance. We use our computer vision and natural language processing in order to understand the full context of any digital screen. Only GumGum can process text, video, images and audio at scale, and find what’s relevant or what’s dangerous for any brand. This is why we were recently recognized by Digiday as the best display and programmatic platform.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced VP Product Marketing to join our award-winning marketing team in Santa Monica. This new position will be responsible for identifying and launching new products across multiple lines of business: display, video, OTT, and our contextual data engine Verity. Working closely with the product, sales and marketing team, this individual will own ‘go-to-market’ strategies and will lead marketing programs and collaterals.
In addition, this role will oversee our sales strategy team. Our sales strategists are responsible for delivering our value proposition and driving adoption of our products among our Fortune 100 clients.
We are looking for an entrepreneur who can identify market opportunities and turn these into sizeable revenue streams. This person is also a leader, storyteller and project manager with the passion to move stimulating projects across the finish line. Our VP Product Marketing will be given a lot of autonomy and will have the opportunity to grow personally within GumGum’s organization.
Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, this individual will manage a team of product marketers and sales strategists.
- Develop and lead a strategic vision for new products with a focus on video, OTT and contextual relevance (Verity).
- Be the liaison between sales and product teams and translate market needs into product opportunities.
- Develop value propositions that are compelling, differentiated and validated.
- Work cross-functionally to launch products successfully and on-goal with company targets.
- Create sales strategy plan for our top clients including custom product developments.
- Be at the cutting-edge of industry trends and help shape our offering in client proposals and pitches.
- Participate in the creation and the development of a long-term strategic vision for the GumGum brand.
- Ensure both consumers and products are at the forefront of all strategic planning and execution.
- Integrate the consumer voice through regular input sessions on consumer insights and emerging trends.
- Oversee the development of sales collateral such as presentations, online experiences, web content, product sheets, case studies and more.
- Work closely with our growth marketing team and establish a plan for key events, CRM, account based marketing, lead generation, paid media etc.
- Support media and analyst relations, and speaking engagement efforts— including speaker presentations, scripts and panel topic discussions.
- 10-15 years of experience with Product Marketing and Product Development
- Demonstrated experience as a leader with proven ability to build creative, collaborative teams; develop people; and link performance to overall business objectives
- Experience with determining product-market fit and delivering products to market
- Proven experience launching new products and growing to a mature business
- A highly analytical approach
- Ability to lead and communicate cross-functionally with sales, marketing, products. engineering and other departments
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Self starter, charismatic, innovative, creative individual
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication skills
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) degree preferred
- Experience in adtech, martech, SAAS preferred
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally ~15% of the time
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Commuter perks
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
Career & Personal Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/health/person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation