Strategist, Digital Paid Media Strategy at Warner Bros. Discovery (Culver City, CA)
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
This role is responsible for developing media plans that are strategic and data-driven, with the goal of efficiently acquiring new consumers. Responsibilities will include developing strategy for performance-based media campaigns across digital, social, search, and CTV with special emphasis on data driven planning, conversion best practices, digital ad technology and analysis. The Strategist will help support the rest of the team with developing cross-channel paid campaigns, creative strategy, as well as testing initiatives.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Work closely with the Media Specialists and Media Managers to ensure the day-to-day projects and performance monitoring needs are met with timely communication to stakeholders
- Manage timelines and expectations related to content releases and deployment of growth media strategy and testing
- Assist with asset delivery to ensure media buying team has all required assets for launch
- Support day-to-day planning needs by accessing analytics platforms (Looker, Tableau, Datorama) to pull data and maintain benchmark documents
- Generate reporting for campaign evaluation, optimization, and presentations for team to share with internal teams
- Contribute to campaign insights to help uncover the "why" behind performance in order to garner learnings that are tangible and actionable
- Support with campaign billing process and actualizations
- Responsible for managing creative assets to ensure media campaigns are executed accordingly and confirm launch details
- Develop plans for on paid media testing and maintain testing documentation and reporting
- Ideate and drive process improvement opportunities that will help streamline workflows between teams and/or reduce overhead
Qualifications & Experience...
- 2-4 years of paid media planning experience. Working on an Entertainment brand or in Acquisition marketing is a plus
- Understanding of paid media buy platforms for Search, Social, and Programmatic. Preferably have experience buying media.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanor, and excellent communicator
- Strong time management skills (able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously), and ability to adapt to change and continually evolve skills to meet the ever-changing needs of the media and digital industry
- Polished with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Analytical and comfortable in dealing with numbers and reporting.
- Reasonable availability to respond to requests and attend the real-time needs of campaigns outside normal business hours
- Willingness and flexibility to assist with various ad-hoc projects to help support the larger Global Subscriber Acquisition team
- Comfortable leading projects and meetings with the Subscriber Acquisition team and other internal teams
- Ability to adapt to change and continually evolve skills to meet the ever-changing needs of the entertainment and streaming industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace, particularly Excel, Google Sheets, Google Slides, and Outlook
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skillset, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $47,460.00 - $88,140.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].