WHO WE ARE
Golden Hippo is a young, growing direct to consumer digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. Our e-commerce platform enables us to do so powered by incredible tech talent. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010. If you're passionate about cutting edge marketing and technology, design, copywriting, video editing, and the operations behind all this, we want to hear from you. And if you are results driven, ambitious, a creative problem-solver, have a positive energy, collaborative and team oriented, and a continuous learner we might just be the perfect place for you!
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Social Media Specialist. This role will be a creative, data-oriented social media specialist who will create content and manage the social media presence of multiple Direct Response brands in the health, beauty, and pet industries.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
Here at Golden Hippo we work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We pride ourselves in our incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life...)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open, inspiring office space
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, book clubs, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more.
- Regular celebrations and happy hours
- Highly interactive work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
See what it’s like working at Golden Hippo!
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Establish, publish and grow social media presence for several celebrity and doctor-driven brands.
- Ideate, design, and create efficient, data driven content across various social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Collaborate effectively with established marketing and customer service departments.
- Manage customer service satisfaction for assigned brands on social media, ensuring a positive and engaged community.
- Maintain a monthly content calendar and meet calendar deadlines.
- Establish a style guide based on brand image and stakeholder requirements.
- Communicate and collaborate with email marketing, customer service, SEO and reputation management teams.
- Rely on data, not gut, to drive creative decisions.
- Develop innovative ways to gain authentic and engaged followers organically, including but not limited to, utilizing the brand’s robust customer and email list.
- Manage UGC & influencer relationships including sourcing UGC & influencers, coordinating product gifting, and measuring results from campaigns.
- Utilize social media accounts to promote sales and launches to gain extra traction.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 2-3+ years experience managing social media.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience managing multiple Direct Response brands in the
health, beauty, or pet industries
- Content creation in Adobe Creative Suite and Canva
- Familiar with social media scheduling software such as Later
- Knowledge of community management software like Agorapulse
- Skilled in copywriting for social media, and able to switch effortlessly between different brand voices
- Experience with photography and editing a plus.
- Able to identify actionable insights from analytics
- Strong desire to learn and grow, not afraid to ask questions
- Experience working with influencers that can drive a 200% ROI
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2021
- Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Teams - Marketing 2021
- Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Company - Leadership 2020
- Winner of Built In LA’s Best Places to Work - Perks & Benefits 2020 & 2021
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.