Social Media Manager at System1 (Greater LA Area, CA)
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:00 p.m. (PST) on Friday, February 24, 2023
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
System1 is a leading online customer acquisition marketing company that operates the largest Responsive Acquisition Marketing Platform (RAMP) allowing leading digital publishers and networks a single platform to monetize customers in an increasingly complex ecosystem. We are led by passionate entrepreneurs & industry veterans who have built and managed multiple billion-dollar companies. Our growing team of over 300 people is an incredible group of engineers, product managers, data scientists, & buy and sell-side experts. We also own some of the best and fastest-growing brands and products on the Internet across three primary areas-publishing, search and applications. Our search sites include Startpage, the world's largest private search engine.
Startpage is a global privacy technology company built around the principle of always putting privacy first. Our suite of easy-to-use privacy products help anyone around the world to protect their personal data online. We are known as the pioneers of private search, responsible for creating the world's first and most private search engine in 2006. Since then we have continued to build out our product offering to make privacy accessible to everyone.
Startpage has a very exciting 2023 in store, with several new product launches slated for the early part of the year. We will be supporting those launches with PR, social media, and paid marketing across many channels.
System1 and Startpage is seeking a detailed and experienced Social Media Manager to join our growing team based at our corporate headquarters located in Marina Del Rey, CA, USA.
We're looking for a clever writer who enjoys finding the funny, sparking conversations and connecting people. The Social Media Manager will be responsible for the creative strategy, community management and reporting across all organic Social Media Channels with a focus on Twitter, Reddit, Discord, Mastodon and YouTube. This person will also develop and manage Influencer partners.
What You Can Expect on the Team:
- Plan, write, and publish engaging social media campaigns across platforms.
- Lead cross-team creative brainstorms working in partnership with the Design, Support, and Product teams to develop engaging, interactive, and informative social media content.
- Identify, track, and analyze key performance metrics with Sprout Social.
- Conduct regular outbounding to help increase awareness of Startpage.
- Keep up to speed on all social trends, including new channels, updates to existing channels, creative trends, etc. Stay informed of platform updates.
- Work in partnership with the Director of Brand and Strategic Partnerships to create and activate influencer marketing strategies on an ongoing basis.
- Lead the talent sourcing, outreach, negotiation, and onboarding of Startpage’s influencers and brand ambassadors. Establish and maintain long-term relationships with key influencers and serve as the point of contact.
What You Can Bring to the Team:
- Knowledge of the social media industry and trends across all major networks
- Must have experience with Twitter and Reddit
- Experience with Discord, YouTube, Mastodon, TikTok, IG and Twitter is a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in social media management
- Excellent writer with a sense of humor
- Organized planner with the ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work independently in a hybrid environment
- Experience managing Influencer partnerships
- Strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks, and work across multiple projects simultaneously
- Meme creation experience is a plus
- Interest in emerging technology, data privacy, crypto, Linux, and Sci Fi is a plus
What We Have to Offer:
- Competitive salary + bonus + equity
- Generous PTO + 11 company holidays
- Open sick time
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, Vision for employees
- 401k with match
- Health & Dependent Care Flex Spending Account
- Paid professional development
- Leadership & growth opportunities
- Virtual company and team building events