Social Media Associate
Reformation is a fast-growing company that is redefining fashion We make sustainable clothes that don’t look, you know, sustainable, while raising awareness around fashion’s impact on the environment. Being naked is the #1 most sustainable option. We’re #2.
Social Media Associate
We are looking for a rock star who will be responsible for owning, creating, executing and driving innovative and cost effective social media marketing strategies. Serves as the key social media lead to internal and external functional partners, vendors and agencies. The ideal candidate would have experience in managing social media channels for business, proven experience in developing creative social partnerships and the ability to drive engagement in an authentic way.
- Develop and own the implementation of the overall social media marketing strategy and components to increase brand awareness, support 360 marketing plans and email acquisition.
- Conceptualize and create compelling content that is original to each platform to drive engagement and build the brand lifestyle in the digital space.
- Collaborate with internal teams—marketing, creative, e-commerce, merchandising, retail, etc., to develop weekly, monthly and seasonal campaigns that are consistent cross-channel.
- Manage the community. Monitor comments and respond appropriately across all digital platforms. Identify and manage internal resources to assist with responses when appropriate.
- Develop measurement tools, establish KPIs and benchmarks for measuring impact of social media efforts in order to determine campaign effectiveness. Report monthly results and key learnings to leadership team and stakeholders.
- Partner with PR team to secure press coverage of social media / digital initiatives if/when appropriate.
- Collaborate with the PR team and Influencer Marketing team to orchestrate seasonal seeding and gifting programs and press previews in order to secure online influencer engagement
- Stay abreast of key industry trends, competitive insights and emerging social media/marketing technologies. Benchmark and research competitor and industry leaders in social media. Explore and evaluate new social platforms, tools, services, vendors and provide recommendations.
- Has a bachelor’s degree and 2+ years experience in the digital/social media space
- Exhibits a passion for and deep understanding of social media
- Is able to think both creatively and analytically
- Actively engaged in using social media platforms including but not limited to Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the principles of advertising, marketing and digital media
- Well-versed in digital media and social media metrics and monitoring tools
- Passionate about the Reformation brand, our products, customer and sustainable mission
- Experience in successfully concepting and managing strategic social marketing projects
- Collaborative team-player
- Strategic thinker willing to push the envelope and bring fresh, innovative ideas to life
- Proactive problem-solving skills; ability to anticipate obstacles and also quickly generate alternate solutions/ideas and change course as needed
- Entrepreneurial – able to deal with ambiguity and work with little direction
- Exceptional organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Strong time management skills; ability to juggle priorities and multiple projects
- Can-do positive attitude and a roll-up-your-sleeves approach; personable and flexible with demands and changes in business
- Photography & videography skills a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
- 401k with company match
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Some light reading - Forbes, Fashionista and Business of Fashion