At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
GoodRx is seeking an SEO manager to help us drive continued organic growth via best-in-class health content.
You’ll be responsible for identifying and recommending new content opportunities across a variety of formats and channels. You’ll work alongside world-class writers, designers, product managers, engineers, and subject matter experts to solve meaningful health problems for millions of people each month.
About this Role
You will identify growth opportunities, both in our existing content as well as in new categories. Your recommendations will drive growth and engagement in search, social and subscriber-based inbound channels. You’ll create comprehensive content strategy documents and work closely with the editorial (production) team to execute.
You’ll utilize competitive and content gap analysis to identify effective strategies and opportunities for new growth. You’ll create outlines for long-form content with SEO best practices at the core of all recommendations. You’ll own and closely monitor performance metrics to understand what’s working.
- Work in tandem with the editorial team to build a content strategy, including helping to further develop our voice and style, that complements an evolving calendar.
- Perform ongoing keyword research to discover opportunities and new trends within the rapidly-evolving health vertical, particularly in emerging spaces like telehealth
- Become familiar with our growing library of content. Perform category audits to advise on when to create new content vs updating/consolidating older content with established rank
- Perform competitive analysis and develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape
- Perform site audits to identify roadblocks and opportunities.
- Work alongside web analytics team to manage and influence reporting dashboards. Monitor traffic, understand impact of optimizations as well as external changes (algorithm updates, SERP changes, etc)
- Stay abreast of product roadmap and ensure upcoming launches are SEO compliant
- Regularly engage with the SEO community to monitor for trends/algorithm updates
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 4 years of experience working in SEO, and a demonstrable understanding of SEO best practices
- Excellent writer and communicator with a team-oriented outlook
- Strong background with keyword research
- Experience expanding the value, relevance and intent of keywords as they relate to respective campaigns
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Search Console, and an understanding of how to use this data to improve search visibility and user experience
- Expert at Excel or Google sheets, Google Data Studio, SEMrush, Ahrefs, MOZ or analogous keyword research tools, as well as social listening tools (buzzsumo, etc.) and crawling tools (Screaming frog et. al.)
- Experience working on highly-trafficked consumer-facing websites
- Experience in (or passion for) the health space
- Familiarity with SEO A/B testing
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.