Senior Product Marketing Manager, Verity at GumGum
GumGum is a technology and media company with a focus on computer vision and natural language processing. Our mission is to solve hard problems across media by teaching machines to see and understand the world. Since 2008, the company has applied its patented capabilities in the advertising and media industries.
Verity is a new type of contextual advertising intelligence engine that will disrupt a $60BN industry. By understanding videos, images, audio and text on web pages, “Verity” can find what’s relevant or what’s dangerous—in real time— for any publisher or brand.
We’re seeking a dynamic, motivated Senior Product Marketing Marketing Manager to join our award-winning marketing team in Santa Monica. Our ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, is a storyteller and project manager with the passion to move stimulating projects across the finish line. This individual will be given a lot of autonomy and will have the opportunity to grow personally as Verity sees increased market adoption.
Reporting to the VP of Product Marketing, this individual will work closely with the executives and Head of Strategy Development. While this role is dedicated to our emerging Verity, the Senior Product Marketing Manager will benefit from the support and expertise of a dozen talented GumGummers on our product and award-winning marketing team.
- Create a new powerful brand: GumGum Verity that is synonymous with innovation and performance
- Research and create needs-based segmentation with a focus on brands, agencies, demand side partners / trade desks and publishers
- Develop a value proposition that is compelling, relevant and differentiated
- Partner with the Head of Strategy Development, product and its engineering team in order to test and launch new products
- Develop sales collateral such as presentations, online experiences, web content, product sheets, case studies and more
- Launch a robust content marketing program that includes whitepapers, webinars, email marketing, educational programs and third party research
- Manage a marketing budget and ensure that key performance indicators are met in a timely manner
- Work with our growth marketing team and establish a plan for events, CRM, account based marketing, lead generation, paid media etc.
- Support media & analysts relations and speaking engagement efforts
- Develop reporting and dashboard tools to track sales activity and marketing metrics for ROI
- 5-7 years B2B marketing experience in technology or media
- Bachelor’s degree
- SaaS/adtech/martech experience required
- Experience working with CRM and marketing platforms (Salesforce, Hubspot, Splash and Asana)
- Strong product or content marketing experience
- Excellent project management skills
- Analytical, detail-oriented mindset
- A passion for working collaboratively with sales teams
- Capable of working cross-functionally and influencing decision making with senior-level audiences
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills
- A desire to learn, with zero tolerance for the status quo
- A penchant for taking calculated risks
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Commuter perks
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
Career & Personal Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/health/person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
WE INVITE YOU TO LEARN MORE ABOUT GUMGUM!
We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external).
We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award, and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and o-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Careers at GumGum
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
Innovators in Esports Content
Sponsorship Targeting with Visual Intelligence
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)
GumGum - LinkedIn
GumGum is committed to providing equal opportunities. GumGum prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.