The Senior Manager of Marketing Operations supports and helps leads the overall strategy and direction for the Marketing automation and operations for the organization. This role is a primary internal advisor and expert on email campaign best practices and identifies opportunities to support exceptional lead management and establishes a solid foundation to support scalable processes for our high growth global B2B SaaS marketing organization.
A successful Senior Manager of Marketing Operations will have a hands-on approach to defining lead management processes, implementing scalable and global processes, analyzing data and segmentation, and lead a group of high-performing Operations team. This role also works closely with other leaders within the Marketing organization to understand operational and process needs. It also partners closely with internal Enterprise Applications teams to ensure effectiveness of the Marketing Technology stack, including integrations with other enterprise applications.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Demand Generation.
Roles and Responsibility
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of global campaigns and programs to deliver key recommendations for continued optimization.
- Manage an internal team of specialists in building, testing and deploying day-to-day Marketo marketing programs and larger-scale program builds such as lead scoring models, subscription preference centers, integrations of marketing tech platforms, and other high-value initiatives to the organization.
- Continuously improve data intake and management workflows, including list cleaning, imports and overall marketing database growth and hygiene.
- Oversee the management of Blackline’s marketing technology tools and vendor relationships; perform as a platform Admin when necessary organizing user licenses and ensuring marketing team members are educated and proficient using the appropriate tools.
- Manage and improve the integrations with current technology stack, lead database management, effective email programs and synchronization to/from Salesforce.com.
- Partner with functional teams to align on the funnel lead process flows, scoring and the benchmarks appropriate for demand funnel.
- Lead the strategy and execution for data enrichment and preserving and ensuring the quality of email opt-in compliance processes globally, while managing the email deliverability of our instance.
- Partner with Blackline’s Data and Analytics team to ensure the visibility of audiences, metrics, reports that can be pulled/compiled in real-time, globally, in visualization tools.
- Support Business Development managers on the building, testing and analysis of outbound email communications at driving lead engagement.
- Manage, build, and lead a global operations team by coaching and developing existing members and closing talent gaps where needed through acquisition of new team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Years of Experience in Related Field:
7+ years of experience with increasing levels of responsibility leading teams and driving cross-functional, global marketing initiatives, with at least 5+ years of experience in marketing operations and technology implementation role.
B2B marketing background with experience in marketing automation, lead processing (including lead scoring), marketing database, privacy compliance.
Successful track record of implementing and managing marketing automation systems and associated integrations.·
Hands-on experience working with various marketing and sales platforms. Marketo certification and Salesforce.com experience required.
Excellent at planning and project management – ability to look ahead to meet regular deadlines and predict and prevent last-minute fire drills.·
Must be highly driven and self-motivated for a fast-paced evolving environment.
Strong marketing technology platform knowledge, direct experience in activation preferred.
BA/BS in marketing, business or computer science
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a business related or technical field, for example, Marketing, Business Administration, Public Relations, Information Technology, Computer Science, or any other related field.