Senior Global Alliances Marketing Manager at BlackLine
The Senior Global Alliances Marketing Manager partners across BlackLine’s global Alliance organization, marketing, events, and sales enablement and more to help develop and execute programs and processes that accelerate growth for both BlackLine and its partner network.
As the first point of contact for BlackLine’s Gold Tiered partners this individual develops and enables the execution across marketing of joint go-to-market and annual strategies aligned with the joint business goals of the partnership. This role also owns BlackLine’s Partner Awareness program. This entails the strategy, the enablement and execution of awareness programs across BlackLine’s partner organization keeping BlackLine top of mind for thousands of employees across our global alliance network.
The ideal candidate will have served in an Alliance/Channel marketing role or similar in a SAAS/Technology organization for 10 years, bringing expertise, experience, and insights to the role.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Develop and drive marketing strategy for BlackLine’s Gold Partners while enabling the execution across marketing of go-to-market and annual strategies aligned with the goals of the alliance.
- Create and/or discover opportunities for BlackLine to participate in programs, assets, and events directed to Gold partners or within Gold partner organizations
- Oversee and approve marketing for Silver and Select partners as needed
- Recommend the right partner for strategic initiatives across product marketing, programs marketing, corporate marketing, global events, digital marketing, PR . . .
- Develop programmatic approaches to operationalize and enable “one to many” strategies for BlackLine’s Alliance Awareness Program.
- Create and execute multi-channel campaigns and program strategies targeting our partner organizations to grow and influence a network of committed BlackLine Champions.
- Drive programs with the Global Field Alliance Team creating awareness within their regions to our partners. This may include regional tours/visits, attending / co-driving events with partners.
- Share the power of our alliances through assets that tell stories around our wins, partnerships, and people spotlights within BlackLine and to our partners
- Execute and negotiated legal agreements tied to events, sponsorship, partner marketing activities
- Manage co-op fund execution and coordination for partners owned
- Measure, assess and report out the effectiveness of programs and activities
Years of Experience in Related Field: 10 years demonstrated experience in an Alliances/Channel marketing role, or similar serving a growing alliance/channel partner ecosystem
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or a related field, MBA preferred
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM system and Marketo or other similar marketing automation platform, Kapost
- Experience working within partner portal platforms or similar partner service tools
- Availability to attend meetings outside of North America business hours when needed
- 5-10% travel
- Strategic thinker that ties strategies back to business case, BlackLine/Alliance goals and outcomes
- Experience with legal agreement administration and negotiation around events, sponsorships, or similar agreements
- Ability to use data and insights to inform or build a business case
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills; ability to take initiative and juggle several projects at the same time to meet tight deadlines
- Exhibit a high level of drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment, and professionalism
- Self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Must be a team player and collaborate well across departments