Senior Director of Marketing at Reformation (Culver City, CA)
Who We Are:
Reformation is a fast-growing company that proves fast fashion and sustainability can coexist. With both our HQ and our own factory based in Los Angeles, we combine stylish, vintage-inspired designs with sustainable practices. We release limited-edition collections every week on our website and in our brick and mortar stores.
We are a future focused organization committed to the belief that the problems facing our planet and society can be solved through innovation, common sense and education. Being naked is the #1 most sustainable option. We're #2.
Here at Ref, we put people first. We know that you can't innovate and do cool stuff without having everyone on board. So we work to create a culture where everyone feels like they belong and where their voices are truly valued. We build an inclusive culture together and make a real impact along the way.
Senior Director of Marketing
Ever wanted to lead the marketing strategy for a fast-growing company, while getting to use your craziest ideas? Look no further.
The Senior Director of Marketing will be responsible for building a creative, dynamic marketing strategy for the Reformation. You won’t just go through the motions and use a playbook. Instead, you’ll knock down doors and pursue any crazy idea to help grow the Reformation. Using your exceptional analytical skills, you will use data to identify opportunities and measure success. You will share our story and craft memorable customer experiences through all channels by developing rich content, creating campaigns, building partnerships, and more. And you will ensure that we always stay on brand. Our goal is to form a memorable and emotional connection between our brand and customers—and to do so in an innovative, scrappy way. In short, we’re looking for someone who will drive traffic to our site and stores using wild ideas instead of Adwords.
Reporting to the Chief Brand Officer, this role will spearhead the execution of the strategic brand vision, managing campaigns, programs, and activations to fulfill brand and sales objectives
What you’ll do:
- Develop our brand marketing strategy online and offline, with the goal of creating a strong connection between our customers and the Reformation brand, and generating demand.
- Must be highly organized, with superior communication skills and confidence in managing Be an excellent cross-functional leader with experience managing integrated, global teams with a hands-on approach
- Constantly explore new channels and ideas while managing a monthly budget. Know what is within our resources and on brand.
- Build strong relationships with brands, talent, and agencies that serve as underpinnings of meaningful, productive, longstanding partnerships.
- Spearhead an influencer-marketing program on all relevant channels
- Build out and mentor a dynamic marketing team
- Use data to identify opportunities and measure success while still thinking very creatively.
- Be our voice and generate customer loyalty by designing and authoring rich content and incentive programs.
- Well-versed in marketing reporting and delivering results to executive leadership
- Oversee our influencer strategy across gifting, events and activations, and social content
- Architect and manage the launch of new global brand, product and sustainability campaigns weekly
- Lead communications across PR and branded storytelling. Ensure that everything The Reformation communicates is unique, thoughtful and on-brand.
- Distill data and customer information into digestible insights used for storytelling across the business, while closely collaborating with a diverse set of teams such as product, sales, and design.
- Oversee project management team responsible for keeping all projects on track across multiple stakeholder groups
- Think outside the box and question all assumptions.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 10+ years relevant experience at retail/consumer brand or startup
- BA/BS degree required, MBA a nice plus!
- Your ideas are a little wild, a little bold
- Obsessed with reaching new audiences
- Entrepreneurial, creative and scrappy
- Comfortable functioning as both a leader and a doer. Providing leadership and insights while being a hands-on member of the team
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – both an interest and skill in analyzing and making meaning out of data and translating that into actionable changes
- A digital native, deep familiarity with social and community platforms, and analytics tools and engines
- Passion for sustainability
- Demonstrated ability to grow, motivate and mentor others
Who you are:
- You are incredibly smart and scrappy.
- You are a strong, quantitative thinker.
- You are exceptionally creative and always coming up with wild ideas.
- You see opportunities and run with them. You can own a project from start to finish, providing leadership and insights while being a hands-on member of the team.
- Your colleagues love working with you; your manager loves having you in the boardroom on their team.
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and are not hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
- You motivate others; you communicate clearly; you inspire your coworkers.
- You are way above average, and only want to work at a place that is nowhere near average.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
- 401K with company match
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
Reformation requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. Reformation is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider requests for exemption from this policy as a reasonable accommodation where it can do so absent undue hardship, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Some light reading - Vogue, Forbes, Eco-Age
CCPA disclosure notice here.