MeUndies is a Los Angeles, CA-based underwear and loungewear company best known for its softer than soft basics. Founded in 2011, MeUndies disrupted the $110B underwear industry when it launched the first online underwear subscription. Through the years the brand has inspired a passionate community of undie-obsessed individuals with its bold, comfortable products.
Today MeUndies has sold more than eighteen million pairs of underwear and is profitable with double-digit YoY growth. It continues to redefine the subscription market by evolving the transactional subscription to a membership centered on community and its relationship with the brand.
The innovative direct-to-consumer brand offers multiple purchasing options including singles, packs, matching pairs and its monthly membership. It opened its first flagship store in Los Angeles in 2018.
With a growing company, comes a growing team full of innovative people. We’re looking for a Senior Director of Brand Marketing to be responsible for leading brand marketing strategies to drive explosive awareness, trial, retention and advocacy for MeUndies within the brand’s DTC, owned retail and social channels. MeUndies is seeking a marketer who is a creative and analytical leader with a proven track record in campaign development, brand and product marketing, storytelling and driving brand performance. They will deliver marketing thought leadership and guidance while optimizing the brand’s marketing levers to maximize return on marketing investment and deliver a competitive advantage. They will help build 360 integrated marketing programs to drive new customer acquisition while exciting and delighting existing customers.
We are looking for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment leading a multi-disciplined team including brand and product marketing, IP/licensing, partnerships, cause marketing (MeUndies Gives) and PR.What You’ll Do
Brand and Product Marketing:
- Lead the strategy and oversee the execution of breakthrough integrated marketing programs that build brand awareness, affinity and product adoption
- Act as a storytelling expert, crafting marketing strategies and insights-driven creative briefs that inspire cross-functional partners to deliver results-oriented, brand differentiating work that can be translated across DTC, retail and owned social channels to reinforce brand equity and drive category/product awareness for both new launches and base business re-support
- Work with Performance and Retention Marketing teams to understand their needs, and capitalize on content creation opportunities to ensure a cohesive and consistent customer journey
- Collaborate with the Merchandising and Design teams to develop product positioning that is unique and easy to understand
- Work closely with the Consumer Insights and Analytics teams to develop a deep knowledge of our target audience and routinely understand the effectiveness of our marketing programs in driving core metrics like brand awareness, promoting a test and learn mindset among the broader team
Brand Partnerships, Licensing, Cause Marketing and PR:
- Define the vision and strategy for how partnerships and licensing powers MeUndies to excite and delight current customers while attracting/prospecting new customers and ultimately drives brand awareness and cultural relevance
- Identify, initiate, structure and execute new partnership/licensing agreements and take the lead on all licensing processes and approvals
- Develop a comprehensive cause marketing and CSR strategy under the MeUndies Gives platform driving consumer affinity
- Oversee the PR strategy and measurement along with partner agencies
Budget and Team Management:
- Own and build marketing budget inclusive of promotional activities, partnerships, PR, cause marketing, events and agency fees
- Inspire and maintain a high-performing brand marketing team that embraces MeUndies’ culture
- Build rapport and effectiveness with others including leadership team and cross-functional team members
- Minimum of 10+ years of brand marketing experience required
- Apparel industry and/or DTC expertise and background preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of team management with experience managing a minimum of 2+ direct reports
- Proven ability to lead, build relationships, and work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- A self-starter mentality; ability to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, while maintaining a rigorous business and financial discipline
- Exceptional project management experience and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
WHY WORK AT MEUNDIES?
It's more than a job.
We have focused on building a team of people that emulates all of our core values. We look for people who stay balanced, go further, build relationships, champion differences, and are humble. At MeUndies, we continue to maintain a stellar brand by working collaboratively and encouraging growth with learning opportunities. Not to mention, there is no such thing as a small achievement here - we celebrate it all!
We look at the necessities.
We offer competitive equity/salary packages which include targeted annual bonuses, generous parental leave, a 401k, awesome health benefits, open time off, and more. We also take Learning and Development seriously - conducting annual performance reviews, annual 360 reviews, and providing an independent Learning & Development Budget that starts at $500 right out of the gate!
We have an office you’ll enjoy going to.
While we’re remote until January 2021 (and have a flexible work policy beyond that), we still have an inviting office that you’re welcome to work from always! We’re set-up to support comfortable working - hot desks, lounge and casual seating areas, a Mother’s Room, an on-site gym & shower, and a kitchen that makes you feel like you’ve never left home. Plus, we’re dog friendly, so your furry coworker can join you anytime.
We don’t forget the most important things.
We want MeUndies to be a place where you feel safe and comfortable, and encourage our employees to hold us accountable for keeping it that way. We offer two robust annual surveys to check-in with the team, an anonymous feedback tool available to submit to at any time, and an HR team that is ready to help. MeUndies is also home to four employee-led Employee Resource Groups - Womxn’s ERG, Heritage ERG, Pride ERG, and Parents of MeUndies. When you work at MeUndies, we take your needs as an employee (and a person) seriously.
Plus those special extra things.
We know how important it is to connect with your team members outside of every day work, too. We offer frequent catered lunches, holiday parties, off-sites, happy hours, and an annual retreat (right now, these things are happening virtually! But we can’t wait to return to in-person). You’ll also get a sweet employee discount, as well as a monthly MeUndies membership to rebuild your underwear drawer with our top notch prints.