SEM Manager at SimplePractice
At SimplePractice, we’re changing the face of health and wellness through innovative solutions that simplify the life of health and wellness practitioners. Think your neighborhood therapist, nutritionist, speech language pathologist, or massage therapist—the small business owners who dedicate their careers to helping others. Our solution provides them with an all-in-one platform to manage their practice and with the tools and resources to thrive as a practitioner and business owner. Our recent launch of Monarch (MeetMonarch.com)—a national directory with thousands of therapists offering online appointment requests—offers an easy way for consumers to access and book a therapist who meets their criteria.
SimplePractice is seeking an experienced SEM Manager with an entrepreneurial drive who will help drive strategy, planning, and execution of our Google performance marketing campaigns that acquire new customers and drive business growth. In this role, you will work primarily with Google Paid Search to manage and scale digital marketing campaigns to hit aggressive growth targets.
As a growth-oriented and data-driven SEM Manager, you’ll be responsible for day-to-day optimization, including copy and creative, bid management, and budget allocation of a multi-million dollar budget, and you’ll be deeply committed to testing new hypotheses and experiments.
- Maintain and manage Google Paid Search campaigns alongside the SEM team
- Execute on SEM campaign growth and optimization strategies through ad copy testing, keyword expansion, quality score improvement, bid mechanics, and landing page testing
- Constantly ideate new ways to grow and improve channel efficiency
- Maintain daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting for managed campaigns
- Interpret trends and make recommendations based on ROI, CPA, CPC, CTR, and ROAS
- Partner with members of Marketing, Product, and Analytics to maximize efforts and value provided by SEM, Google Display and Youtube
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in Paid Search
- Prior track record of successfully managing and optimizing direct response campaigns to efficiency and volume goals
- You’ve managed at least 6-figure monthly budgets
- You’ve at least doubled SEM spend of an operation you’ve fully managed
- Familiar with AdWords Editor and search ads 360
- You’re obsessed with experimentation and have run them across SEM ad copy, bidding strategies, audiences, and keyword expansion
- Past experience with tag managers (e.g. Google Tag Manager) a plus and ability to triage conversion goal discrepancies
- Familiarity with GA360 and strong proficiency with Excel or Google sheets
- Bonus points for familiarity with data visualization and data exploration tools (Google Data Studio, Periscope, Sisense, Looker, Tableau etc)
- Experience making sense of where Google’s efforts dovetail with other channels (from both an attribution standpoint and collaboration standpoint)
- Strong written, and verbal communication skills, especially cross-functionally
- You love being the expert of your domain and running with limited direction
- Bachelor degree in quantitative or business or related required
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at SimplePractice LLC (“SimplePractice” or “us” or “we” or “our”). Please note that when you submit your resume or application materials to us for employment purposes, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, and phone number); protected characteristics (e.g., sex, gender, age, citizenship, disability status, and veteran status); professional or employment-related information (e.g., employment history, educational background, certificates and licenses, work eligibility information and other information obtained from your resume, cover letter, your responses to our application questions, background check forms, and your references); other personal records (e.g., signature, photograph, and criminal background information); and inferences drawn from personal information collected (e.g., creating a profile that reflects your abilities and aptitudes).
We collect the above categories of personal information for the following business purposes:
- To perform recruitment and hiring services; to manage the workforce; to comply with federal and state laws, and to maintain security (e.g., to detect and prevent against security risks and incidents, to prevent against fraudulent or illegal activity, and to ensure compliance with our company policies and procedures).