Search Engine Optimization Specialist at Hawke Media
We won’t beat around the bush, at Hawke we don’t expect you to run - we expect you to soar. We’re looking for self-starting, energetic individuals to help power our rapid development and growth, taking Hawke to new heights on a daily basis. We believe in moving fast and learning by doing, but also in surrounding our employees with a team of passionate, intelligent, like-minded individuals to have their backs
And for all the hard work and dedication we expect from you, we aim to reward you accordingly. With clear paths for advancement, performance and merit based bonuses, and company-wide incentives for success, we champion those employees who bring their best to our team every day.
The SEO Specialist is responsible for working closely with the SEO Manager on day to day SEO tasks. The ideal candidate will have a solid background and experience in more content based SEO. This person must be proactive, have a strong attention to detail and a passion for the process.
- Performing technical audits and implementing changes to improve site health
- Conducting competitor analysis to identify gaps in content coverage and areas of opportunity
- Identifying targeted keywords to drive the most valuable traffic
- Developing comprehensive SEO strategy decks to drive organic traffic and revenue
- Implementing on-page optimizations in line with SEO best practices and keyword strategy
- Developing link building recommendations
- Keeping updated on both white hat and black hat SEO strategies to avoid stay within search engine guidelines
- Compiling and presenting SEO guidelines to clients and internal team
- Monitoring and reporting performance of site rankings, crawl statistics and errors
- Regularly reviewing traffic and conversion data to gain insight into keyword and landing page performance
- Working on special SEO projects as assigned
- Being responsive to clients and maintaining good communication with clients
Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience in content marketing, technical SEO, and local SEO.
- Proven track record of successful project management and multi-tasking skills.
- Knowledge and experience using analytic and SEO tools (SEMrush, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Ahrefs, etc.)
- Experience with Wordpress, Shopify, and basic HTML
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization practices
- Understanding of online design constraints, including mobile space, web usability, SEO, browser behavior, front-end design limitations, cross-platform compatibility
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills
- Comfortable using and learning new skills and technologies
- Bright Edge experience a plus.