Public Relations Specialist at RepairSmith
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:34 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, January 29, 2020
Car repair delivered | A new way to repair your car in your driveway or at our shop
Backed by Daimler AG, RepairSmith provides the most convenient car repair and maintenance. For the first time, car owners can choose to get their repair delivered to their driveway or drop it off at our shop. We deliver an upfront price, online booking, after-hours support, and a full warranty.
Our delivery mechanics are committed to customer satisfaction to deliver an exceptional experience for car owners in their driveway. Our certified shops are 4+ star rated and fully vetted on-site by our team. We stand behind all work, delivery and drop off, with a 12-month / 12,000-mile warranty.
RepairSmith is looking for a Public Relations Specialist join RepairSmith’s Marketing team in a part-time contract role. This role will report to the Senior Director of Brand & Communications and will be responsible for driving local media coverage in support of building awareness of the RepairSmith brand.
RepairSmith is a newly launched company with service in the state of California and the city of Las Vegas. The company seeks an experienced public relations professional who can identify, pursue and deliver local media coverage.
WE WILL DEPEND ON THIS PERSON TO:
- Develop and maintain local media lists of contacts relevant for each of RepairSmith’s service locations, including, online, print and broadcast outlets.
- Develop customized media pitches in support of RepairSmith events and special campaigns.
- Actively pitch media to secure local media coverage. Collaborate with RepairSmith to fulfill media requests for interviews, assets, and related requests.
- Proactively identify organic opportunities to pitch RepairSmith in-between events and special campaigns.
- Maintain reports capturing pitch feedback and coverage secured.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience pitching media. Agency experience preferred.
- Results-oriented, self-starter with a track record of securing successful local media placements.
- Creative storyteller who can leverage RepairSmith events and campaigns to build pitches that resonate with local reporters.
- Excellent writing and editing abilities in AP style.
This position is a part-time contract role at RepairSmith’s headquarters in El Segundo. Applicants from remote locations will be considered as this role does not require an in-office presence.
Applicants must submit a resume and portfolio of earned media placements for consideration.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
REPAIRSMITH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, AGE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.
Read Full Job Description