Public Relations Coordinator at Pluto TV
Who We Are
Pluto TV, a Viacom company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Viacom creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
For more information on Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following us on Twitter (twitter.com/viacom), Facebook (facebook.com/viacom) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/viacom).
Pluto TV is hiring a Public Relations Coordinator to support the Head of Global Communications in our
West Hollywood office. Qualified candidates should have 2-4 years of experience, preferably at an
agency or major media organization.
In this role, you will use your expertise and organizational skills to assist in developing and managing
communications plans and strategies for Pluto TV. The ideal candidate must be a “Jack of all trades”
who can easily wear many hats.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Providing support and helping manage daily operations for the Head of Global Communications,
including trafficking correspondences and maintaining the flow of meetings
- Authoring and editing press releases, messaging, talking points, pitches, presentations and more
- Coordinating speaking engagements, managing complex calendars, and scheduling meetings
- Working independently and/or as a team member on various projects
- Handling all general administrative tasks as requested
- Communicating across all divisions of the company and serving as the liaison for the
communication department ensuring timely and appropriate management of all inquiries
- Maintain timely awareness of possible and/or pending media items
- Help manage media talking points, strategy, and roll out execution of key priorities items
- Plan and execute conferences, media availability, press releases, and story placement for major
initiatives throughout the year
- Covering off-site events and meetings when needed
Qualities / Experience We’re Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- 2-4 years of corporate communications, public relations, and/or marketing experience,
preferably at an agency or major media organization
- Ambitious and able to work under pressure
- An excellent writer with strong knowledge of AP & MLA standards with the ability to write
formal press releases to whimsical email pitches
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Highly detailed and organized! Must be able to multitask
- Proven ability to work under pressure, perform efficiently, handle multiple high priority tasks
simultaneously, and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of an organization from
assistant to C-level
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive issues or information
- Self-starter/thinker. Must be able to prioritize tasks at hand
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office applications: PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don’t get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It’s the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you’re in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
At PlutoTV and Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.