Our team is growing, and we’re looking for a creative and results-oriented PR Manager to execute and support communications initiatives that drive awareness and visibility for Grindr’s digital magazine INTO and Grindr for Equality (G4E), in addition to supporting larger communications efforts for Grindr and our full family of brands.
In this role you will be working directly under Grindr’s head of communications, while collaborating closely with INTO’s editor-in-chief and the executive director of G4E. You are a natural problem-solver and enthusiastic communicator who is driven by strategy, thrives in a fast-paced work environment and routinely brings creative ideas to the table.
- Develop, support and execute strategic communications plans that amplify awareness and visibility for Grindr, G4E, INTO and executive thought leaders
- Draft, edit and manage distribution of press materials, including bylines, presentations and other content produced by employees, ensuring all materials are on-brand and consistent with style, tone and quality
- Establish and track against measurable goals to deliver reports on ROI of communications plans to executive leadership team
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key media and influencers
- Manage and maintain our speakers’ bureau and awards program, including identifying/recommending new opportunities
- Drive executive thought leadership programs, securing bylines and speaking opportunities at industry events and top-tier media
- Provide strategic counsel and champion communications best practices to leadership and staff
- Serve as primary media contact for all INTO inquiries and act as its “representative” at industry events
- Evaluate and deliver strategic recommendations for potential brand partnerships
- Manage Grindr’s press inbox, routing and flagging inquiries to the appropriate parties with recommended next steps
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in communications/public relations (in-house, agency or similar environment)
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or related field
- Experience devising and executing public relations tactics, with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Strategic and creative thinker with experience providing communications counsel to senior executives
- Outstanding writing, editing and communications skills, including strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong storyteller with proven media relations experience, a successful record of securing coverage and the ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with reporters and other third-party stakeholders
- Ability to establish goals and KPIs for communications initiatives and measure performance against these metrics
- Strong understanding of the dating app landscape and industry trends, with the ability to communicate complex topics clearly and effectively
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time, as needed
Ideally, you have experience:
- Leading communications initiatives for digital media companies
- Developing/supporting thought leadership platforms for senior executives
- Supporting crisis and issues management
- Collaborating globally with international teams
- Managing/mentoring junior-level team members
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ+ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3.8 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A digital magazine dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, commentary, video, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ+ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of more than 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited sick policy
- Flexible PTO policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered daily lunch
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress
- Dog-friendly work environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer.