Marketing Manager at Mothership
!Sorry, this job was removed at 7:34 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, January 28, 2020
We are building the future of freight
At Mothership, we believe in unlocking the world's potential through speeding up the delivery of everything people need. Started in 2017, we’re backed by some of venture capital’s best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today’s most innovative companies.
We're an experience first company rooted in design. We believe that enterprise users deserve the same beautiful and simple experiences that their consumer counterparts get. If you agree, come help us reshape logistics. Together we'll replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
As a Marketing Manager you'll spearhead our customer, driver, and internal messaging on web and mobile. You'll work to define our story and brand through your words, and the words of others. The things we deliver everyday directly impact the lives of millions of people and we are excited to share that with the world.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who loves words, and playing with them. They've built lifecycle marketing funnels from the ground up with messaging that converts. They're focused on data, theory based marketing with a dash of gut instinct.
What you’ll get to do
- Create and maintain a growing library of brand language guidelines, and make sure they are implemented across all teams from marketing to sales
- Own all internal and external communications, from email marketing, sms, push notifications and internal announcements
- Identify new opportunities to drive more business via messaging or provide a smoother customer experience
- Work with the design team to create beautiful assets that convert
- Consult closely with sales team to maintain alignment
- Setup and constantly optimize a large series of messaging A/B tests to meet our rapid growth goals
What success looks like in this role
- 4+ years of experience building, deploying, managing and reporting performance on lifecycle marketing programs
- 2+ years of creative writing experience
- Excellent at creating theory-based marketing strategies, and testing frameworks to quickly prove or disprove them
- Must have a deep knowledge of workflows and email automation
- Must be able to create and maintain highly detailed spreadsheets for reporting
- Excellent copy-writer, we are looking to inject life into an old school industry
- Extreme attention to detail especially when it comes to spelling, grammar and design
- Constantly aware of driving the KPIs behind their work, they know the numbers like the back of their hand
- They live eat, breath, sleep data and you know how to manipulate it to your advantage
- Collaborative and customer centric, you need to be able to work cross-departmentally with design, operations, and product teams in order to deploy messaging
- Sketch or Figma knowledge and basic design fundamentals
- Hubspot automation experience
- SQL knowledge
Perks and Benefits
Highly competitive salary and employee stock options
Full health, dental and vision (PPO)
Unlimited paid time off
Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in West Los Angeles
Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The office is upbeat and supportive, because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to? Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description