Marketing Automation Manager (Consumer)
Greater LA Area
Are you an experienced Marketing Automation Manager, who is proactive, strategic and passionate about technology? We are looking for a problem solver, someone who strives to exceed goals and is always looking to improve things. If this sounds like you, then we might have the perfect opportunity for you!
About the Team:
At ChowNow, we are passionate about serving the needs of over 10,000 restaurants to help them compete in an increasingly technical world. Our team works on products focused on restaurant clients and their diners (who transact over $1,000,000 daily on the ChowNow platform).
We believe positive relationships make our team able to do more with less. You will collaborate, learn, teach, and experiment with new approaches to getting big things done together.
Our team is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — 5 minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor.
About the Position:
As our Manager of Marketing Automation (Consumer), you will lead our consumer retention and engagement program through strategic and hands-on execution of email, push, and other emergent means of messaging (in-app, SMS, etc.). You will build, optimize and drive the execution of triggered consumer lifecycle touch points as well as ad hoc marketing campaigns to include framework ideation and successful launch.
You will work from our Los Angeles Headquarter and report to the Director of Product Marketing and Communications; No Direct Reports
Within 30 Days, You’ll..
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Learn ChowNow’s event naming/framework by going through the mParticle app + web SDK integration to know the triggers used throughout current email campaigns
- Learn ChowNow’s database infrastructure by running SQL queries for a batch diner marketing campaign to understand which tables will be used for future audience segmentation queries
- Analyze ChowNow’s current consumer email marketing program in Iterable -- along with corresponding cadence, content, and KPIs -- by going through email documentation as well as systems with the Director of Product Marketing as well as Product
- Understand ChowNow’s email deliverability metrics (inbox performance, IP reputation) by going through ChowNow’s reputation and inbox monitoring platform, 250ok
- Review reporting for B2C marketing automation programs to understand current baselines and identify opportunity areas
- Deploy 1 ad hoc email campaign out of Iterable
- Present recommended optimizations to the B2C email and push flows in Iterable to committee of consumer marketing stakeholders
Within 60 Days, You’ll..
- Inherit and update the monthly reporting for B2C marketing automation programs
- Begin to implement recommended optimizations to the B2C email and push flows in Iterable, monitoring for lifts and reporting results back to stakeholder committee
- Recommend optimizations for list hygiene and improved inbox/spam rates
- Advise on email best practices for a restaurant product called The Monthly Taste: ChowNow’s monthly email subscription program for restaurants, by joining Product meetings and vetting automation flows, running audience SQL queries, and reviewing current performance numbers with the Email Production Coordinator who manages this program
Within 90 Days, You’ll..
- Serve as resident email expert for ChowNow by troubleshooting email issues/questions from stakeholders, advising on development of new programs, coding new HTML templates, and deploying regular campaigns from Iterable
- Build, QA, and activate all new B2C engagement and retention programs in Iterable
You Should Apply If:
- 4+ years of marketing experience, with at least 3 years of email marketing experience
- Proven experience building, growing and optimizing engagement programs in a B2C environment - mobile app experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills with solid understanding of Google Analytics or other analytics tool (e.g., Omniture or Coremetrics)
- Expertise in Excel and SQL
- Expertise in HTML and CSS coding
- Proficiency with CRMs (e.g., Salesforce), ESPs and marketing automation tools (e.g., Iterable, Braze, Leanplum, Eloqua)
- Understanding of mobile marketing technology landscape and how to instrumen connection points across a company’s mobile SDK stack (e.g., mParticle, Appsflyer, Branch, Amplitude)
- Understanding of deliverability (250ok, ReturnPath), list health, CAN-SPAM, CASL, email design best practices, and email KPIs
- Proven successes with smart segmentation, personalization, geo-location, and other ways to make a brand’s emails stand out in an inbox and achieve stellar engagement metrics
- You love to teach, collaborate, A/B test, and learn quickly to grow a business
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Open Vacation Policy; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- Six weeks of fully paid primary parental leave and two weeks secondary leave
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
Read Full Job Description