Manager, Retention Marketing at Pluto TV
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
The Manager, Retention Marketing will help us with the core objective of driving up customer retention and engagement. This exciting role has a direct impact on Pluto TV’s growth and revenue goals.
In this role, you will execute on the retention roadmap, own the execution of email marketing, mobile push notifications, and also be involved with in-app messages, and other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) campaigns that speak to millions of users each day. This role will report to the Sr. Director of Retention Marketing.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Executing on retention marketing strategy that results in driving up monthly visits of existing customers quarter-over-quarter.
- Own execution of email and push notifications, and support in-app messages.
- Evaluation, reporting and optimization of ongoing campaigns.
- Focus on new customer onboarding through the use of email and push marketing.
- Making a substantial impact by rolling out multiple new retention marketing initiatives each quarter, including email, push, and in-app messages, and validating the impact through experiments (e.g. A/B testing).
- Significantly growing the number of emails and push notifications as we scale our customer base.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- At least 5 years of professional marketing/growth experience with at least 2 years of B2C CRM experience, including executing strategies using a major CRM platform (e.g. Braze, Salesforce, HubSpot, Zoho, Mailchimp, etc.).
- Experience and knowledge in writing, managing, and rolling out emails and push notifications. Experience with in-app messaging is a plus. Additional bonus points for using Python scripting to automate marketing messages.
- Strong project management and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Technical knowledge developing and maintaining HTML pages and coding email campaigns.
- Passion for consumer behavior and uncovering customer insights.
- Comfort with data analytics and knowing basic concepts, understanding of SQL and data manipulation, and able to build reports using pivot tables.
- Industry experience in entertainment (especially OTT or streaming), gaming, or similar is helpful.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.