Head of Public Relations
Greater LA Area
Team and Role Overview:
At Relativity, we reimagine the way rockets are built and flown. We are redefining design, manufacturing and operational processes, to create the first true 21st-century aerospace company. We are looking for a Head of Public Relations to join our growing team at our headquarters in Los Angeles. As Head of Public Relations at Relativity, you will be responsible for Relativity’s communications strategy to increase brand awareness and thought leadership. You will report to the VP of Operations.
Outcomes and Objectives:
To help us reimagine the way rockets are built and flown, as Relativity’s Head of Public Relations, you will
· Develop a comprehensive, multi-dimensional communications strategy to increase overall brand awareness, reputation and engagement
· Strategize and execute an overarching public relations strategy mapping to business goals
· Develop and execute all major PR campaigns
· Cultivate and manage relationships with top-tier business, consumer, and trade media
· Develop and execute thought leadership programs for Relativity executives and experts
· Work closely with the Relativity leadership team on core messages and speaking opportunities
· Counsel Relativity leaders on proper expectations and external messaging; media train team
· Work closely with the Brand and Creative team to develop and acquire digital assets for use in PR campaigns, as well as produce marketing materials and messaging for PR events, conferences, and campaigns.
· Book and coordinate press tours and plan press events
To be successful in this role, you should have 7+ years of Public Relations experience, ideally in both an agency environment and in-house. You thrive in highly technical environments, where you build connections, extract clear messages from dynamic work context, and shape the story of a company’s present and future. You are excited about complementing a highly technical team with expertise and experience in developing and implementing communications strategies. You are hands-on in crafting the message, building a network of media outlets, and are relentlessly looking for opportunities of high-impact placements. Through your work, you impact a company’s brand awareness both externally and internally, and establish thought leadership. You know how to create momentum, and how to leverage momentum to maximize impact over time.
Required Skills and Competencies
- 7+ years of experience in developing and driving public relations strategies for startup and high-tech companies. A combination of in-house and agency experience preferred.
- Proven track record for pitching and cultivating new media relationships
- Ability to build rapport with senior management and provide proper counsel for external communications matters
- Proven success across all key communications pillars - public relations, media relations, customer advocacy, analyst relations, executive and internal communications.
- Experience in building media programs that deliver measurable results
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills with a track record of successfully interfacing with executives and influencers – both internal and external
- Creative strategist with excellent organizational skills
- Stellar writing and editing skills – strategic communications plan development, news releases, fact sheets, talking points, executive briefing documents
- Strategic and thoughtful storyteller
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management skills
- Self-starter and strong problem solver
- Exceptional multi-tasking capabilities
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description