Head of Community at Emotive.io
At Emotive, our vision is an internet that is more human. Since our launch in 2018, Emotive has become the product of choice for over 500+ eCommerce companies to drive more sales and build more personal relationships with customers.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built. We’re a driven, passionate, responsible group that values personal and professional growth equally. We take care of ourselves, our families, our customers, and one another. We believe in sustainable and diverse approaches to work and life, because optimizing for the long-term is the best path to success.
Our company is distributed, with remote team members worldwide and headquarters in Los Angeles. We offer competitive salaries, meaningful equity, and generous benefits. And you get to work on a product people absolutely love.The Role
As the Head of Community, you will report directly to the CMO and be responsible for building and managing a wide variety of community programs including Emotive’s own customer, partner, professional services, and channel communities. You’ll create a cohesive community vision for Emotive and oversee execution of a wide variety of community programs to drive business outcomes for the company. You’ll build and lead a team that will source and amplify user generated content, host events, create content and videos, acquire ambassadors, and engage with partners all while ensuring ongoing high engagement and value for each community member.
This position requires excellent leadership, interpersonal, and project management skills. You must have a proven record of defining and moving projects from concept to completion and experience with piloting ideas and scaling what works. You must be a user-obsessed community builder with no task below you.
The Head of Community will work hand-in-hand with the Heads of Product, Growth, and Partnerships to offer our community an incredible experience on every level.What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement an ambitious strategy to engage all Emotive stakeholders through community.
- Be one of the faces & voices representing the Emotive community.
- Recruit, empower, and mentor world class team.
- Own a wide range of ecosystem programs’ growth & success, constantly ideating on ways for us to scale to drive high value engagement.
- Be responsible for a wide variety of community initiatives: social, email, user groups, webinars, templates, forums, etc.
- Stay connected and empower our incredible community ambassadors with tools they need to succeed and grow with us.
- Discover and engage creators around the world to surface the best content on our platforms and build out our own hub for community creation and interaction.
- Monitor conversations and sentiment around Emotive across the internet, surfacing sentiment, exceptional user-generated content, and feedback from both new and power users.
- Share insights and work cross-functionally with the team to influence product development, marketing campaigns, and more.
- Be obsessed with providing more value to the community. Constantly test new ideas & iterate on them, and measure goals to understand what programs we should invest in.
- Be an Emotive power user & advocate.
- Attend and speak at online and in-person events around the world.
- 5+ years marketing experience and 2+ years of community experience.
- You've helped create a vibrant community for yourself or a company before. You come with a toolkit of tactics to do this again for us. You love connecting people and helping others when the opportunity arises.
- Experience working in a high growth company, with cross-functional teams.
- You know how to conduct experiments and manage critical metrics.
- You've created videos and hosted webinars for a company. You're charismatic and easy to understand on video.
- You're experienced with tools like Facebook Groups, Slack, Discord, and Telegram. You stay up to date with the latest tools that could help us foster stronger communities.
- You are comfortable with writing - from forum discussions to blog posts.
- You have interest or expertise in design. You possess creative convictions and a vision for the final result.
- You take a data driven approach to problem solving.
- Be a part of a hyper growth startup where career and development opportunities are endless
- Come onboard a rocketship for one of the fastest rising companies in tech
- Excellent Medical, Dental + Vision health benefits
- Scrappy startup environment with hyper growth potential where you’ll learn best in class skills
- Competitive salaries + Flexible time off
- 401k matching + Stock options
- Free lunches + Office snacks
- Be a part of a culture of learning that will take your professional growth to another level with collaborative + thoughtful team members
- Distributed team across offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Atlanta