Growth Strategy Senior Manager at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
The Better Marketing team team is looking for an experienced performance marketer to own our purchase growth strategy. As we further expand our product offering to customers who are in the market to buy a home (i.e. our purchase business), we need to ensure we are growing the top of the funnel and acquiring these users in a ROI positive way.
This is an opportunity to play a pivotal role in defining our growth strategy for our purchase business - we will be meeting users earlier in their home buying journey and want to ensure we acquire, nurture, and retain this new audience in an effective way to help Better scale our business. We want to meet our purchase user with an experience that helps them find the right neighborhood, understand their affordability, pair them with a Better real estate to find the right home, and ultimately get a Better Mortgage.
You will be responsible for building the acquisitions roadmap for our purchase audience, determining what paid channels to launch on, where to scale our spend, and where to experiment. You will coordinate across marketing, product, strategy, sales, and capital markets to ensure that we are targeting the right users, at the right time, with the most effective messaging and that our product is meeting our users with the optimal experience. You will be responsible for bringing purchase customers in through the top of the funnel advertising channels and ensuring they ultimately convert; we want someone who has experience with both online and offline marketing channels, including SEM, Paid Social, Direct Mail, Display, Youtube, etc.
You have a deep experience in global digital marketing, with a strong background in customer acquisition, data-driven decision-making, and media planning and buying. Ideal candidates thrive on helping others, have a bias to action, and possess a willingness to roll up their sleeves and execute. Success in this position requires deep operational experience, expert problem-solving & experimentation skills, a strong analytical and growth hacker mentality, and a passion for serving customers. You thrive in a dynamic, frequently changing, team-focused environment, while delivering against high expectations of growth. This position will also be responsible for partnering with other teams across the company to create and grow the marketing program.
Responsibilities will include:
- Own the growth strategy for our purchase audience, defining the paid acquisition strategy and experimentation roadmap to ensure we hit our growth targets within our unit economic thresholds
- Develop integrated marketing plans for performance campaigns, working in close partnership with cross-functional teams and marketing partners.
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative insights to influence marketing strategy, positioning, and funnel optimization.
- Collaborate with external and internal partners as they translate strategy into consumer-facing assets.
- Build cross-functional marketing acquisition strategies for purchase audience
- Partner with the product teams to design product roadmaps that align with provider needs and are truly differentiated in the market
- Partner with product marketing team to develop and test messaging that resonates with customers, and translate that messaging across all marketing materials and channels
- Work with content marketing manager to help inform content strategy, develop campaign specific messages and align demand generation programs with ongoing copywriting initiatives
- Incubate a data driven, results focused culture by consistently monitoring revenue progress, identifying actionable insights to improve revenue performance and testing out new tactics to beat goals and respond to changes in the market
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams, including Product Marketing, Sales, Product, and Engineering
- Ability to create strategic yet actionable project plan for an ambiguous, somewhat open-ended problem statements
- 5+ years of growth, acquisition marketing, operations or equivalent experience
- Experience collaborating with and leading cross-functional groups
- Comfort in a frequently changing, ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills, experience solving complex and diverse business problems
- Own, drive, and report on key metrics related to CAC, acquisition, channel performance, and channel growth.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.