Global Marketing and Communications Lead
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
Operations at BCGDV
Our Operations team is the internal force that drives our business forward. It’s where organizational insight meets operational excellence. From Human Resources and Information Technology to Marketing and Finance, they are a dedicated group of one-of-a-kind problem-solvers with a deep commitment to world-class business services.
We are seeking an ambitious, skilled communicator and storyteller to drive our global external and internal marketing communications initiatives that amplify and elevate the company’s brand and employer brand, as well as promote its business building expertise and successes.
The Global Marketing Communications Lead will oversee the company’s public relations, corporate communications, industry analyst relations, internal communications and social media initiatives, working closely with cross-functional global and regional marketing roles, as well as other key stakeholders, to drive our marketing communications strategy and tell our story across multiple channels (paid, earned, shared, owned).
The ideal candidate is someone who has a successful track record of building and executing cross-functional marketing communications efforts that deliver impact. Intellectually curious and forward-thinking with a strategic mindset, this person should be adept at formulating clear, compelling points of view and creating well-structured narratives that position BCGDV as a recognized and respected global voice and build meaningful engagement with our target audiences. This person also should be comfortable with creating and driving overall strategy as well as the hands-on execution for multiple programs.
- Develop and drive global internal and external communications strategies that advance the company’s mission, business and marketing priorities, and culture
- Create compelling and thoughtful messaging and narratives by audience and channel
- Help to maintain consistency of brand messaging, voice and tone in copy, content and creative across all marketing communications initiatives
- Lead the company’s public relations and corporate communications initiatives. Includes media relations, press release development, content development, speaking opportunities and more
- Engage with the company’s executive spokespeople and subject matter experts on marketing communications initiatives. Includes thought leadership platform development, media training and coaching, social media presence, speaking opportunities, and more
- Help to manage the day to day relationship with the external global PR agency
- Oversee the company’s global social media strategy, programs and channels. Provide guidance and best practices to regional marketing counterparts and ensure integration of social across all marketing efforts
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, oversee the company’s global internal communications initiatives. Collaborate with regional marketing teams to ensure transparency into - and alignment of - internal communications editorial calendars and cadence across centers
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop strategic communications in advance of major initiatives and announcements
- Oversee global internal communications initiatives that target our parent company, BCG, and ensure integration of our company news within BCG internal communications channels
- Manage the company’s industry analyst and influencer relations activities
- Collaborate with global and regional marketing team members to plan and execute integrated marketing and communications campaigns and activities
- Foster collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company to help in driving key initiatives forward
- Work with key PR and marketing contacts within BCG to help in ensuring alignment and integration of broader company marketing and communications initiatives
- Establish KPIs and success metrics across initiatives and track, measure and report program results
- 7-10 years of experience in public relations, marketing and communications, ideally in the B2B or B2C technology space. Leadership experience, including direct report management, a plus
- Proven history of developing and executing successful internal and external marketing communications strategies. Able to transform creative ideas into impactful campaigns across multiple audiences and platforms
- Expert knowledge of social media marketing tactics, platforms, analytics and publishing tools. Experience driving multi-channel awareness and establishing a consistent and authentic corporate voice
- Strong writing, editing and copy editing skills and previous writing/editing experience for corporate communications, PR or journalism fields
- Excellent storytelling skills with intellectual curiosity and the ability to create compelling, inspiring and newsworthy content
- Knowledge of and interest in the technology landscape, with the ability to translate complex topics effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communications – ability to effectively present both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage relationships with media, bloggers, industry analysts and influencers
- Exceptional EQ who has the ability to influence people at all levels of the organization (and externally) and build trust and mutual respect with colleagues and key stakeholders up, down and across the organization
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines. Excellent planning and project management capabilities
- Ability to move between strategic planning and ideation, as well as hands-on execution
- Sharp critical thinking and analytical skills, strong business acumen, and ability to make well-informed decisions quickly. A creative problem-solver who is comfortable operating in a high level of ambiguity
- Results-driven style, operating well under pressure, and is fearless in setting and managing expectations
- Flexible team player attitude with a high degree of creativity, energy and enthusiasm
To learn more, visit us at bcgdv.com
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.