Email Marketing Specialist (B2B) at ChowNow
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:20 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, August 22, 2019
At ChowNow, we’re looking for an Email Marketing Specialist to execute on our rapidly growing B2B email marketing campaigns and nurture programs. We have recently made large investments into our B2B marketing programs, restaurant success programs, partnership programs and direct sales programs and we need to significantly expand and enhance our email marketing efforts to support the significant growth of our direct and channel sales teams. This role will work cross-functionally with multiple teams. We’re looking for a team player, who can think quickly on their feet, and can navigate a growing organization to get things done.
About the Position:
As our Email Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for executing and handling the deployment of email marketing campaigns. Your focus will be the creation, segmentation and delivery of Demand Gen, Sales, Product, Restaurant Success, Company Comms and Account Coordinators emails and nurtures.
This role reports directly to the Marketing Automation Manager. No Direct Reports.
A one-of-a-kind workplace on a mission to preserve one-of-a-kind food.
ChowNow is on a mission to help local, independent restaurants thrive. Because of the vitality they bring to our neighborhoods and cities. Because of the amazing, one-of-a-kind food they create. And because the restaurant business is tougher than ever -- thanks to increasing competition, complexity, and the rise of third-party delivery services that gouge restaurants on every sale.
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee, regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
We pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 11,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase.
If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk. Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent) and by browsing our open roles at chownow.com/careers. Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
Within 30 Days You’ll...
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Learn the ChowNow Marketing and Sales processes and methodologies
- Understand ChowNow’s Marketo and Salesforce.com instances including synced fields, email campaign generation, list segmentations
- Familiarize yourself with ChowNow’s email template styles, email architecture and use cases
- Build and deploy your first email campaign, including list segmentation, testing, deployment and reporting
Within 60 Days You’ll...
- Build an email marketing reporting spreadsheet
- Own the email marketing calendar to ensure timeliness and efficiency
- Maintain email deliverability through 250ok, and make recommendations for improving inboxing rates
- Manage and optimize email segmentation to ensure list cleanliness and email efficiency
- Partner with Content Marketing Specialists to map out emails needed for nurture programs. You’ll work together to make sure you have the content needed for different audiences.
Within 90 Days You’ll...
- Be the point person of making recommendations for email marketing optimizations
- Provide ongoing metrics in support of email marketing campaign effectiveness
- Contribute to the growth of product upsells among clients by 40%
- Contribute to an increase in Marketing Qualified Leads to Sales by 20%, through outbound email
- Build out A/B test to improve email performance
You Should Apply If:
- You have 1+ years of Email Marketing Experience
- You're familiar with using marketing automation tools (Marketo, Hubspot, Eloqua, ExactTarget)
- You have a familiarity with Excel and Salesforce
- Strong familiarity with Email CAN-SPAM and CASL laws and email best practices
- You have knowledge of list segmentation
- You have excellent problem solving skills
- You are results driven, have strong attention to detail, and and you can manage multiple projects simultaneously
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description