- Craft article assignment briefs that set clear expectations for writers on what they need to cover, our target audience, target keywords, timelines, etc.
- Rewrite, review, fact-check, edit, and optimize high-quality content that adheres to AP style and SEO best practices.
- Manage articles through various phases of pre- and post-production to ensure on-time publishing of high-quality articles for our websites. This includes sourcing new photography, building and scheduling in WordPress, and QAing.
- Research and review competitors, SEO keyword trends, and analytics to inform your brainstorming as well as editing decisions.
- Track trends in the digital landscape to support the continual growth of Core Digital Media’s web properties by keeping an ear out for new modes of storytelling to test and suggesting ways to optimize our current content offerings.
- Collaborate with SEO, Partnerships, PR, Legal, Video, Social, Product, and UX teams as needed on editorial projects.
- Work with in-house and freelance writers to hone their craft and help them produce personal finance content at the level of quality needed.
- Take on other responsibilities as needed.
- A minimum of 3 years of editorial experience within the personal finance space for a digital publication
- A strong understanding of SEO best practices and at least 1 year of experience actively optimizing content for SEO
- Clear understanding of how SEO influences content and ability to use online reporting tools (Google Analytics, Heap, Tableau, or similar) and keyword research tools (SEMRush, Google Keyword Planner, or similar)
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to work independently, manage up, and clearly communicate with all levels of the organization
- Comfortable with ambiguity, taking initiative, getting resourceful, and driving solutions
- An idea generator who stays on top of trends and loves finding new ways to liven up traditional SEO content
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with a collaboration platform like Monday.com, Trello, DivvyHQ, or Kapost
- Basic HTML experience and familiarity with WordPress or other content management systems
- A bachelor's degree in a related field (Journalism, English, Marketing, etc.) or the equivalent in relevant professional experience
- Copywriting experience is a plus
To Apply, Submit:
- A cover letter that addresses what you’d bring to the Core Digital Media team and what kind of content you can help us add to our site
- A resume detailing your qualifications for this role and accomplishments
- Three editorial clips that showcase your SEO editing experience and ability to optimize for the algorithm — but most importantly, the user