Director, Social Media
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Our new Director, Social Media, will be responsible for the development and execution of Edmunds’ social media strategy. Working as a key member of the 35-person editorial team, they will report directly to the VP Editorial and work alongside the Director, Written and Director, Video & Photography. They will also work cross-functionally within the organization, collaborating closely and at a senior level with others departments, e.g. marketing, PR and Product.
The Director, Social Media will be charged with taking the Edmunds’ brand to the next level of engagement across all current and emerging social media platforms, delivering industry-leading results. This role is responsible for creating and supporting editorial content, driving improved metrics across Edmunds’ channels, while also supporting the broader business needs - improving the perception of our brand and products, increasing customer acquisition, engagement and revenue. The right candidate must have a passionate command of the all-encompassing nature of social media and be at the ready to innovate, across both organic and paid campaigns. They will also be a conscientious people manager, keen to support and nurture emergent talent.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the VP Editorial to develop a coherent social media strategy for growth across all appropriate channels
- Play a crucial role in the development of overall editorial strategy as a key member of the leadership team
- Closely collaborate with internal partners in creating and executing daily social media content that boosts engagement with our target audiences, drives traffic and increase brand awareness
- Work with the Edmunds’ Product teams to help drive and curate user-generated content
- Maintain our brand across all platforms, ensuring that Edmunds is properly represented on all social channels (existing and potential) and relevant online forums
- Regularly audit each channel to maximize performance and adjust the strategy accordingly
- Act as a proactive partner and subject matter expert to the Content, Public Relations, Research, Legal, Design, Creative, Sales and Product teams
- Help to develop paid social strategy, and partner with the internal search and sales teams to execute business goals
- Constantly evaluate and improve social strategy and alignment with company goals. Participate in regular cross-discipline alignment meetings
- Manage and nurture the Social Media Manager and other team members
- Manage social tools and vendor relationships
- Work with the Product teams to integrate social media requirements and content as well as grow user-generated content across platforms
What You Need:
- 5+ years in a social and digital environment, including paid campaigns
- Proven ability to deliver industry-leading strategy and content
- Expert understanding of social platforms and monitoring tools with extensive, relevant contacts across the industry
- Experience working as part of a broader team to implement social media strategy
- Demonstrated track record of growing an engaged audience through social networks and UGC
- Ability to adapt to ever-changing technologies
- Ability to write clean, compelling copy
- Strong command of social platforms, popular listening tools and industry-standard publishing tools
- Analytics mindset
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Remarkable presentation and organizational skills
- High EQ to match the IQ
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.