At Wave, we are defining the future of virtual entertainment. Our company sits at the intersection of music, gaming, and entertainment. We know that today’s music audience wants to be part of the experience and our goal is to create a first-of-its-kind virtual experience for the next generation of concert-goers. Wave concerts are live, immersive, interactive and social experiences. We elevate the live music streaming landscape through innovative broadcasting technology and an immersive product experience to help fans and artists more deeply connect with each and express themselves in new and innovative ways.
The Show Marketing Team is responsible for promoting and driving attendance to Wave shows. The Director, Show Marketing - reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer - will be responsible for developing the overall marketing strategy and campaign execution for Wave shows. This role will be artist-facing and partner closely with cross-functional teams across Creative, Production, A&R, and Growth Marketing.
- Develop and own marketing strategy for all Wave shows and be able to communicate strategy and results across the broader organization
- Guide successful execution of marketing campaigns, including defining campaign intent, key beats, and owned/earned/paid media tactics
- Drive towards goals established by the Wave leadership team while also identifying show-specific KPIs to measure the effectiveness of campaign strategies and tactics
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional partners including Creative, Social, Production, A&R, Growth Marketing, and Product teams.
- Develop effective working relationships with artists, reps, and labels and manage internal and external approval process for show marketing assets in close partnership with the A&R team
- Manage overall show budget and maximize effectiveness of campaigns within budget
- Be a founding member of the marketing team and build out a team of direct reports to provide end-to-end execution of show campaigns
Desired Experience, Skills & Personal Qualities:
- 10+ years of marketing experience, preferably at an entertainment, gaming, or music company or creative agency
- 5+ years of experience in digital or social media marketing preferred
- Experience running campaigns - particularly in the music or entertainment space.
- Proven track record of developing breakthrough and innovative marketing campaigns in the social and digital space.
- Experience working with high-profile talent
- Strong project management and analytical thinking skills
- Experience managing media and creative agencies
- Ability to think across platforms and channels to create tailored tactics for each channel
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies, and methodologies in marketing, content creation, and social media
- Ability to be self-directed and operate in an entrepreneurial environment that can be ambiguous and continuously evolving
- Strong oral/written communicator and collaborator